I get a lot of bugs in my code

I know, but there is a good reason why this is, and it’s mentioned in the post where Awesome_E explains how to post a link as Basic or below.

Once you are a Member, you’ll be able to send links normally

3 Likes

Ok, this time it is because two clones are executing the when tapped rule at once, causing the number to go up by 2 instead of 1. To fix this, simply add a “check once if self clone index = 0” and place the increase block inside

2 Likes

Edit: see post above
You can also do “when self tapped”, since you can’t tap both the original and clone at the same time

2 Likes

At least, not with one finger.

I always use the when object is tapped with the check once if conditional to prevent a glitch regarding touching multiple clones at once.

The only time I use self is when I want to specify what object(s) can be tapped.

3 Likes

Yeah, generally I don’t do when object is tapped unless it’s in a different object. I either do self (in the case of the button), when iPad is tapped.

In this case, I would most likely put “when circle tapped” in the text object since the text is what’s being affected.

2 Likes

Buggy code can be hard to troubleshoot and it’s great to see that you got some responses to your problem!

Let us know when the new problem has been solved:)

If you’re wondering about when you can post a link, you can view the requirements here.

4 Likes

New bug in this project (collab with The AE Studios) https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11p9ipk5rp

2 Likes

Wait it’s fixed

3 Likes

I can post links now btw :slight_smile: lol

2 Likes

If it’s a random link, mind posting it in the Y taco and not here?

2 Likes

Okie I delet then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

Has your issue been fixed yet?

1 Like

Hmm, does this have to do with a particular Hopscotch project or just Hopscotch projects in general? If it is a particular project, can you provide a link?

2 Likes

Some of my hopscotch projects not all of them lemme get one

2 Likes

I’m trying to find one still….

1 Like

wow that was 30 days ago wow still looking

1 Like

wait never mind (about me thinking about closing the topic)

1 Like

bump
can leaders close this: