I cant make custom blocks on hopscotch on my ipad

oh yea i missed that part sorry-
and yes i do remember lol
i was just on your profile

1 Like

Hopscotch has been crashing a lot lately because of the new update, so I don’t think this is an issue with your device, just an issue with hopscotch.

I can change the category (if that’s okay with you) :))

3 Likes

I’ve already changed it???

2 Likes

It still shows the “bugs with hopscotch” category for me for some reason.

2 Likes

Because I did bugs with hopscotch editor bugs like hrh said @Dolphin_Blast can you just change it please :weary:

2 Likes
  1. sbyp: Creating a custom Rule Causing Crashes in larger projects
  2. read most abt subcategories here: Best Practices for Subcategories and Tags
3 Likes

But my project wasn’t a larger one! It was a tiny draft!!

2 Likes

Ugh whenever I do a bug report everything always goes wrong :expressionless:

2 Likes

i’m sorry to hear that - ideally the more information tht gets the more it’ll be easier for them to isolate and fix the bug which you’re experimenting. however, if all information about how to reproduce this bug is in, for example, 4 different topics, the chances are that they will not see half of the bug reports and they will then not receive the necessary information to fix that bug. in order to keep everything organized, keeping every similar bug reports in one single topic is the best way to help tht to fix faster the bug you’re having :)

the primary element of you both’s bug reports are not “big project”, it’s “custom rule causes crash”. what ElijahPw said abt “large projects” is not necessary true because the bug hasn’t been officially reproduced yet, and in my own experience it’s a very random crash that occurs in unknown but specific situations. therefore, in order to help tht fixing the bug more easily and more faster, it’ll be better if we merge ;)

lmk if anything else isn’t clear!

4 Likes

What do you mean lmk?
Also it happened 5 times!

4 Likes

it stands for let me know

5 Likes

Ok thanks @Dragongirl1264! You’re so helpful!

4 Likes

Your welcome and thank you :))

5 Likes

Looks like this has already been reported in the #hopscotch-bugs:editor category – unless you have additional details, it’s probably best to merge this topic with the one linked below:

Next time, try searching before you create your bug report, and when you’re ready, I highly recommend choosing your own subcategory

A quick tip, you can also specify that on the existing topic by stating that “Even though the title says it’s with large drafts, I was able to make it crash on smaller projects too”

5 Likes

Hear my slightly irritating story, I say it’s irritating because it teases you a lot. I don’t mean anything bad.
It took me almost 2 hours to write, there are a few notes in there so make sure you actually read it please. It’s name is:
894’s Mystery of 894!

This is it, get ready for teasing and stuff

I really don’t think before I do anything
I didn’t think before this and whilst writing this
I’m so sorry for this mess and inconvenience.
I feel like I’m making this become scarier and scarier
I am so sorry for the mess and inconvenience I will get back to you… let’s say… soon… in the meantime don’t bother trying to get me back, ok I will be back in… [inaudible]
Ha! You’ll never know!
5 years later,
Hello people reading this I… I will never get back to you… fully. At the time of writing this I am [inaudible]

Truth within the lies:
You will never know the full story of me… it’ll always be hazy and unpredictable… I did this because [inaudible]

You: “NOOO I’LL NEVER KNOW! @894 JUST TELL ME NOW!”

The beans will remain in the can, they will never be spilled.

This is 894, I will now be telling you my secrets…
You get your way…
[inaudible]
Like I say you will never get your way or hear my truth.
I’m just teasing you. Wow this is very poetic but in the wrong way.

Now for some facts about iPads!
iPads are iPads and I’d rather not talk about them at the moment.

Status: deep sadness and sadness and sadness and sadness and [inaudible]

Who is this message for? It is for [inaudible] wow you can’t hear anything lol :joy:

“I… I don’t feel so good.” A distant voice muttered.
How do you feel? Sad like me? Hungry? Annoyed? Happy? Really happy?
I’m not really the best person on earth and I’m also not the kindest. But at least I care how you feel.
Well then, do you care how I feel?

You will never know the full story
You will never know the truth
You will never know.
What does this… this story even mean?
Maybe you could guess…?
But even then you will not know.

Because it is I 894 and this is the Mystery of 894!!!

List of my names:

894 Studios
So
Ostrich
Bapswonfe
Anvilsectra1
Anvilsectra2
yourdesire
894CAT
Cat_Gamer744
ISaidNo
iToxic
iToxicHawk
Oi_Peppa (please don’t call me this one it’s old and bad)
Synthetic
Yes I have a long list of names. And yes I’d like people to know me by the name of ‘yourdesire’, a bit of a silly name isn’t it?

A note to the mods and people who took this the wrong way:
If you see anything offensive or bad in this post please note that this has taken me almost 2 hours to write I’d rather it have the bits that are bad edited out instead of the whole thing just deleted.
I don’t mean anything bad I just want to tell a story. I’ve changed the whole thing about twice and edited out that bad parts that were put in at the earlier stages of writing this so everything should be fine. When I first wrote this out, the bad parts were let’s say… fairly bad.
Thank you for reading this note.

Liked my story? Want to hear more? Just let me know!

@894ers
This is probably spam I am so sorry if it is. I just want to tell a story for once.
You know I just set this same story as my bio.

11 Likes

officially reproduced, will be fixed in the next release

8 Likes

Thanks! Yesssss it’s successful!! You made me happy again!

5 Likes

This happens mainly on large projects. It happens on my M1 iPad Pro as well (3.52.1).

Also a screen recording is fine as long as your Homescreen doesn’t reveal and Personal Info or Inappropriate Content. You’ll notice, during the crash, the screen turns completely black right before you get kicked from the app, although it’s hard to see in realtime.

5 Likes

I have the same issue, I think someone’s already made a bug report on this but still a problem nonetheless

Temporary solution: take an already existing custom block, make a copy of it, and edit the code inside

5 Likes

I have an iPad mini 5th gen and the most recent update of the Hopscotch app, I also face this issue but only sometimes, most of the time it works fine I only really faced this issue with one of my project drafts. Thanks @/GweTV for the temporary solution /g

4 Likes