I can’t play my projects

I didn’t.

2 Likes

So I did some more research and every project published 18 weeks ago or longer seems to be good, while every project that is published in the last 17 weeks has this bug.

4 Likes

That’s weird. I hope tht can fix it.

2 Likes

Ok, @Nobody.
Thanks for letting me know!

3 Likes

In drafts press the 3 dots and if it’s an old draft it will say update to latest pkayer

3 Likes

I am really confused about this, but I think I was able to get something that maybe works for some projects.

Edit: My fix definitely breaks custom images.

The problem seems to be in requestTextureFromApp, which is used to get emoji and custom object images. In webplayer version 1.5.10 they added an update time to custom images to fix the problem where you have to reenter the project to have edited custom images show as edited in the player (I think that’s why).

Replacing requestTextureFromApp with the version from 1.5.9 fixed it for me, but for some reason using 1.5.9 did not.

To temporarily fix it, open the files app and find Hopscotch. There is a folder called webplayer, and inside of that is one called versions. Each folder in there is a different webplayer version.

1.5.10 is the one from today and it has the problem. Rename it to something else. 1.5.9 is the second latest and is the one with the fix for "Message matches" uses value of text field if there is a Self str variable. Try renaming that to 1.5.10. I think this should mean that you use 1.5.9 when it tries to use 1.5.10.

Then restart the app and check it, I’ve been using spy guy’s super robo land but it seems to just load forever with a white screen for me. Does it do that for you too?

• Yes, after renaming 1.5.9
  • No, after renaming 1.5.9
  • Hello

0 voters

If that doesn’t work (I’m not sure why it wouldn’t but it doesn’t for me) then you can try using this version of 1.5.10 with requestTextureFromApp replaced with an older version, though that may mess with custom images/create more problems. It works for spy guy’s project and for a project I made using an emoji.

I’m not sure why that works and 1.5.9 doesn’t, but that may just be me, so try using 1.5.9 first.

7 Likes

Version 3.45.3 was released today, a topic for this was not created because it was just minor bug fixes. I would expect another minor update soon…

4 Likes

Ahhhhh I can’t play any project :frowning:

4 Likes

I updated HS and now I can play projects

4 Likes

Now I can’t even play my drafts :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue. When I click play, a white screen shows with the loading icon in the middle, but it just endlessly loads and never actually runs my program :frowning:

4 Likes

Maybe it’s because they have too many clones or your device is old.

4 Likes

Impossible! I only have only 2 stuff in there

4 Likes

It only took me one monkey emoji :monkey_face: with no code at all for the womp to show up :frowning:

3 Likes

True, I do have a big project draft that uses a ton of clones, but I tested another draft that had 3 objects and it still didn’t load so maybe hopscotch is down?

3 Likes

This happens to me all the time with my larger projects. Just try closing it and re opening it.

2 Likes

Lol good I was like
“Wait I made a game called over and under??”

Yeah I get this too sometimes, I think it might be blank conditionals that cause this sometimes but I’m not sure

2 Likes

Don’t refresh your project. Exit and re-enter

4 Likes

That’s what I thought at first, but this time it happens when there are any emojis rendered

4 Likes

When I try to load my drafts it just has a white loading thing and I logged in and out of my account to try fix it but it just gets worse and it takes forever to load even with good WiFi

4 Likes