I am Find The Markers 2

Hopscotch, hear me out. I just lost my acc because of a random bug on my iPad. If you are a hs dev, please tell me my passcode if you know it. I just lost something big and am sad.

15 Likes

could you go into more detail? how did you lose your account?

9 Likes

I was hopscotching when all of a sudden my screen went black and loaded. Then it showed my Home Screen. I went back into hs, but i wasn’t in my acc anymore. It told me to sign in.

9 Likes

Sounds like the app crashed on you. I shouldn’t force you to log out though… strange…

The Hopscotch Team don’t know what your password is, but they can help by sending you a password reset link (unfortunately you would need to know the email linked to your account).

10 Likes

yes, thats common. shouldn’t log you out though…

reset your password with your email, and make sure that your new one is something you can remember.

7 Likes

The crashing bug was fixed, but for some reason it’s only fixed indefinitely after uninstalling and reinstalling Hopscotch (which will automatically log you out, and if you don’t remember your email or password, you’re out of luck).

8 Likes

if you cant remember the email for your account, email hello@gethopscotch.com where yuanyuan will help you. hope you get your account back!

8 Likes

Hey there! I’m not a developer, but the best way to get back into your account would be to do as was previously stated:

Where they should be able to help. Unfortunately if you don’t have the email to the original account, I can’t promise anything. The reason email is the best course of action would be that it’s the easiest way for them to communicate 1 on 1 with you while keeping records of the conversation. Another option could be a potential Private Message here on the forum with a staff member.

7 Likes

Hello, do you remember if you used the email you used for hs for the forum?

6 Likes

@Find.The.Markers You can find out the email used for your account by going to an SQLite Viewer, then dragging the hopscotch_metadata.sqlite file under Hopscotch » Metadata » hopscotch_metadata.sqlite into the window.

(This only works if the metadata file didn’t get deleted due to you being logged out).

Then scroll over to where it says ZEMAIL. Type that into an email and send that to help@gethopscotch.com saying you need a password reset.

8 Likes

This sounds very legit, never heard that before! I’ll keep it in mind jic haha

3 Likes

or directly click “forgot password” in-app

2 Likes

What if you also forgot your email? You’re kinda out of luck then…

2 Likes

you can’t forget your email just by switching between sqlite and hopscotch lol

plus theres a thing called copy pasta

2 Likes

the sqlite file isn’t available while you’re logged out (which is something I didn’t realize).

And I am very certain the email doesn’t show when you tap forgot password (due to multiple possible accounts with different emails).

3 Likes

This happens to me all the time!

2 Likes

Sorry! I had lost my device. I got my account back without needing email! I reset my passcode!

4 Likes

how did you do that? just curious, to my knowledge i thought that that requires an email

4 Likes

My friend showed me a website (I forgot what it was) but it shows you how to reset your password using email. But on the top right corner there is a button with the hs logo on it. You tap it, and it tells you to enter your hs username, an email (any email), and the story on what happened. I was able to reach out to the hs team and convince them with my story to let me reset my passcode without using email. It normally takes them a day or two to respond, but I lost my device but I still got to reset my passcode.

3 Likes

I am not Find The Markers 2.

4 Likes