How to use AE’s Project Builder (Tutorial)

How to use AE’s Project Builder?

A lot of you have been asking @Awesome_E how to use his Project Builder. (Or at least need help with it)

Links

This Siri Shortcut Can Modify your Projects | 𝓐𝔀𝓮𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮_𝓔

Project JSON modification — Topic

Step 1:

Create a project.

Get an object in there.

After that, leave the project.

Step 2:

Go to AE’s Project builder. If you don’t know where is it, here is a link.

Tap ‘Open’
Then tap ‘browse’
Then tap ‘Hopscotch’ and then tap ‘JSON projects’ then tap ‘time’ then tap the first file…

Step 3:

Code your project.

Step 4:

Tap ‘Save’
Tap ‘Open in shortcuts’ remember to download the ‘save HS project’ shortcut! If you don’t have it, tap ‘here’

Then follow the steps on there.
Remember, tap ‘Replace’ when it asks you to!

Step 5:

That’s it! Now go to hopscotch, and there will be your new, edited project? I hope you like this little explanation thingy…@TeamCreative.

15 Likes

Or you can just watch the video he put up on his GitHub page thingy

6 Likes

Thanks for this tutorial! You can also do this on a_e’s website where there is a video tutorial.

3 Likes

Its just here for peeps who dont know/dont know where to get it

3 Likes

Thanks ! Great tutorial

5 Likes

i hope that my bump didn’t destabilize the AE’s project builder

4 Likes

@Awesome_E so how powerful are the presets? It’d be really cool to be able to make a project on one account, and then move it to another as a new scene. Are there compatibility issues?

On a sidenote, it’s really cool how modding and the use of external tooling is actually viable now! So thanks!

4 Likes

I believe you can actually do that! Only problem would be if there is any major version difference between both projects, which would potentially break one of them

2 Likes

I believe you can’t cross between editor versions 25 and below and 26 and above. Everything else is fair game, including variables, nested custom abilities, etc. The only exception is that things might break if you cross 1.1.x and 1.2.x with set variable timings and 1.2.x to 1.3.x with text width.

Yeah I think the external tool is pretty cool. You should try some songs like Flight of the Bumblebee with a xylophone track or some piano tracks (with MIDI imports) and see how well it works on the web. Less tracks are still better, but even then they often don’t work in the app.

I think it also makes it easier to manually write the songs too, since I usually feel like I can better pick the melodic line

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll try to stay on the same editor versions. Thank you!

3 Likes

Editor 26 introduced custom rules, so anything beyond that is safe, and anything before that should stay there.

You can, however, open my project builder and convert a project from version 25- to 26+ which currently fixes all variables, but (orange) traits still don’t work.

4 Likes