How to recreate wait until Unix time stamp using beta editor

Some of us know what the “wait until Unix timestamp) block is (I actually don’t have it lol, but I think I know how it works). But I found a way to recreate it using the Time variable (only visible in beta editor). So how I did it, I first put a “when game starts” block, with what happens before the timestamp block. Then, where you would place the hidden block, make a variable, and set it the the Unix timestamp you want it to wait for (use https ://epochconverter.com). After that, place a “repeat forever” block, and inside that, place a “check once if” block. For the condition, use (Time > (your variable that you made)). Inside that, use the broadcast message block with something you can remember. After the broadcast message block, put a repeat forever block so it doesn’t continuously broadcast the message. Then, put a “when I get message” magenta block with the message you broadcasted, and inside that, put what you would put after the wait until Unix timestamp block.

Sorry if this was a bit long, but if you skimmed through it, here’s a link to a project I made with this:

13 Likes

There ya go

6 Likes

Thanks you!

6 Likes

Oops I meant “Thank you!” lol

6 Likes

Ok

Nice project

Followed you

4 Likes

Thanks again!

6 Likes

Here is one that is even more picky (exactly 7 PM sharp):

When hour = 7 and minute = 0 and second = 0 and time%1000 = 0

• broadcast message

When I am using a time var to wait until 7 PM, I would have an extra variable called “disable broadcast”

Example:
When hour = 7 and minute = 0 and disable broadcast = 0

• set disable broadcast to 1
  • broadcast message

Fun Fact: broadcasted messages cannot be rebroadcasted when the original message is still running its code.

5 Likes

*When hour = 19

6 Likes

That’s another way to do it, and nice fun fact! (I already knew it tho lol)

6 Likes

I found that out the hard way…

5 Likes

Oh, ok.
It’s similar to literally anything else, like repeat forever, when ? is tapped, when game is playing, and stuff like that.

6 Likes

When Game is Playing
When ( ) is not touched
When ( ) is not pressed
When 7 = 7
Repeat Forever

These are all of the continuous blocks of code

When ( ) is tapped is semi continuous because it waits for the user’s action

Of course, we both know that…

4 Likes

cool.

1 Like

Fun fact: somewhere in 2020, the Unix timestamp went from 15 something billion milliseconds to 16 billion milliseconds! This only happens every 3.17 years!

5 Likes