How to make large pixel arts

Iโ€™ve noticed that a few people have asked how to make really big pixel arts not just on the forum, but also on the app, so I decided to make a tutorial on how to make large pixel arts (200x200+). Preferably, I would use an iPad, but any device should work.

Step One

The very first step is to choose what picture you want to turn into pixel art. Then save the photo to camera roll. Then, go to pixel-stitch.net and customise the size of your pixel art and how many colours it will be. WARNING: please use 11-100 colours only. Then, go to save options and change it to excel with coloured boxes and numbers. Next, upload it it onto to google drive as a spreadsheet. Get onto that spreadsheet via the google sheets website.

Step Two

On the website, select all and go to format โ†’ number โ†’ custom number format โ†’ 00. Then copy everything in the spreadsheet and go to Remove All Whitespace - Delete Spaces, Tabs, Newlines - Online - Browserling Web Developer Tools. Paste it into the text bar and remove all whitespace. Next, copy all the numbers and then put it all into a variable in the Hopscotch editor. Remember to include a space at the end of the string! Then go back to the spreadsheet and go to โ€˜informationโ€™ and copy all the colours like this! Then go back to browserling and remove all whitespace in that! Then save the string as a variable.

Step Three

Step three is the coding process! Watch the vid!

Tag: @RoadOcean (You wanted to know so here it is)

This is the end result:

9 Likes

Please do this poll:

• This helped a lot!
  • I am confused

0 voters

4 Likes

Sorry, Iโ€™ll give you the correct link

3 Likes
4 Likes

Saw it, thanks

3 Likes

Tell me if you find anything you donโ€™t understand about the method

3 Likes

Do you need to have excel? I donโ€™t have excel in my device yet.

3 Likes

You save it as excel, but u should use google sheets

4 Likes

I thought that was excel :man_facepalming:
Ok let me see if I have it

2 Likes

Of course I donโ€™t have Google sheets

2 Likes

Do you have google drive? (Do you have a google account?)

2 Likes

Nope. But I have word.

2 Likes

So you donโ€™t have a google account?

2 Likes

I am :100: percent sure I have a Google account

Edit: nvm. I donโ€™t have a Google account

2 Likes

I think you still might be able to do something

2 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

Do you have a Microsoft account?

2 Likes

Not on this device. Which is the only device I have.

1 Like

Oh, that means you probably canโ€™t do this method unless you ask me to do the first two parts of it for you when you need to get the string (I can publish a project, you can copy the strings and then you can do part 3)

2 Likes

Ok

2 Likes