How To Make Great Games!

Ever wanted to make amazing game but don’t know how?
You have came to the right place because I will teach you my way of making great games. There are 3 steps.

Step 1: Original or Too Real
If your game has everything you made up, the player cannot play your game easily since they don’t recognize anything. If your game is too real, the player could predict everything and wouldn’t get any surprises. You want a balances with that.

Step 2: Progression
In your games, you want the play to feel like they have progress when playing the game. You should add levels, power ups, money, weapons, etc. The player feels like they earned something and they would play more of the game.

Step 3: Difficulty
Your game needs to be just the right difficulty. Not too hard, not to easy. If the game is too hard, the play could just rage quit, If the game is too easy, the play wouldn’t pay much attention to the game.

I hoped this help you make awesome games!

15 Likes

Nice topic
(Well this tutorial will work for everyone but me cuz well, it’s me)

5 Likes

Good topic!

5 Likes

Great topic - thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

I’ve seen topics like this before but it’s amazing that they’re always so different. Great topic.

4 Likes

The game I made has progressive difficulty (easy in early levels, hard in later levels)

5 Likes

As long as it doesn’t become virtually impossible, that seems all right. There’s nothing wrong with a challenge.

3 Likes

Yes progressive difficulty counts as progress as well.
Also I think you could add more on star course like maybe power ups or an ultimate skip level?

4 Likes

Perhaps when I figure out the whole background scrolling platformer, I make a game with power-ups and collectibles. StarCourse, however, It’s a bit too complicated for power-ups. I plan to add save support in the near future.

And a skip level option? What fun would it be if players could just skip the levels all together?

3 Likes

Like collect some stuff and buy it?

2 Likes

Better change that

But good topic tho

3 Likes

Just a few minor typos—if the creator wants to, they can tag a lead to fix it for them. :))

Thanks for pointing them out tho. I honestly can’t believe I missed them when I read through it.

4 Likes

Yes, I get it

3 Likes

Amazing topic ! I will defenitly keep this in mind when making projects !

3 Likes