How to: Make falling emojis!

Hey, It's AwesomeKitty here and right now, I am going to show you how to make falling emojis! This is how you do it!

1. Take a text object out (do NOT name it) and make a new rule with "when the play button is tapped". Then, do this:

Great! Then, make a new rule saying "When the character is cloned, make the clone". Then do this: (but put whatever emoji you want in the set text)

And that's basically it! I don't know how to make the things on the top invisible, but you can! This is my first lesson so if I missed some stuff let me know! Bye!

Background Tutorials - learn how to make awesome backgrounds!

This is an amazing tutorial, @AwesomeKitty!

This will make the project slightly glitchy and slow, so instead of making 497 clones, (max number of clones) make 20 clones and make them fall forever and then come back to the top. If you have any questions just ask.

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me, @Kiwicute2015!

This was very helpful, and I'm gonna work on a smooth background with falling emojis! :wink:

I like that a lot! I have already seen a few projects like that since you released the tutorial! Ever since I started Hopscotch (October 2014) I've wanted to know how!

I saw it, it looks awesome! It would be really cool if we could make emojis white so they would only show up when the background is on, or we could go online and find some!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Wow! I'm surprised that people are still seeing this! Also, you're welcome! :smile:

me is still seeing this

Bumping this up! This is actually pretty cool. I used it in my first project. It's also useful for dodging games. :smiley:

And that was my very first post. ;-;

Wow. Time really does fly by when you're having fun. :-)

I remember this tutorial. Good ol' days... I'm glad it was revived!