How to make a simple platformer

MAKE A PLATFORMER

Hey guys, even though this kind of platformer is pretty easy to make, still want to show you how to do it.

• 1 Get a Character

The character is the one of whom does all the movement. You obviously need a character to make a game!
I am using Star Girl
Put in the code,

This means that when there is no collision, your object will just be going down

• 2 Get a platform

This will be the simple platform you are going to use for the game. I am using tetris line. We will move to this later on

3 collision

We are going back to your character. In my star girl’s menu, I put

This means that when Star girl has a collision with any sprite, her new Y position will be 3 blocks above her current Y position.
  • 4 X movement

You will grab yourself 2 objects that when pressed, will choose how the objects move. Here are two options

• 1 Movement of the character
    You can have it so that when the arrows was pressed, you can move your character forwards and backwards

• 2 Movement of the platform

You can do it the opposite way where you have the platform move backwards on the forward arrow and forwards on the backward arrow

That is all I have for now. If you have any tips, please reply down below :wink:.

11 Likes
6 Likes

Thanks!!! :D

2 Likes

if star girl collides why does she go up?

2 Likes

Idrk. Because the vertical velocity goes up by 3 xploshion

2 Likes

This usually works smoother than y position

When 7 = 7
Set position ((x) +( velocity)) ((y) + (velocity))

3 Likes

Yeah but i don’t really think it works with when you are going up

3 Likes

Oh wait it does

3 Likes

Maybe @Spy_Guy_96 can revise this with overpowered massive sin cos brain destroying code?
sorry if you didn’t want to be tagged spy guy 96

5 Likes

I am going to make a platformer tutorial but I am busy with school right now

9 Likes

Ok when you get back can you make a topic but have different sessions so you won’t have to read a whole essay

4 Likes

thanks. your so nice cause you help all the noobs on the forum

5 Likes

:flushed: seriously? You call them noobs?

5 Likes

Why not? Everyone started out as a noob and then became what they are today. I would say all of us were noobs! Not anymore though lol

5 Likes

Fun fact: noob is the short form of noobie, a variation of the word newbie, which means a person who is new to something. That means that that is correct
Though the meaning of noob has changed to a slightly offensive term referring to a person who is new to and is quite bad at, something.
(LGBOT)

4 Likes

I know, I still think it is offense

2 Likes

Thanks for this! If I ever make a platformer, I’ll use this

1 Like

Cool! I’ll definitely use this

1 Like

I prefer “newbies” more than “noobs”. I learn rather quickly, about the forum and the community…

If I’m being honest, I’m a beginner myself when it comes to making platformers (I am able to just make an object collide with a platform/wall)

2 Likes

that’s honestly all you really need to know, your creativity is the limit for what comes next

1 Like