How To Make A Good, Curation-Worthy Project

I don’t either, but it can be super valuable

This is a good topic!

I basically just publish project versions. With new ones being published whenever I find a bug, or have a feature idea…

2 Likes

nice ideas, well made!
Only thing i’d also add is don’t give up! sometimes bugs happen, or you just get tired of coding the same thing, which can result in a lot of frustration but don’t let that stop you from doing your best, and ploughing on! sometimes taking a break is key for productivity :wink:

7 Likes

I like this guide. Very informative.

3 Likes

Should I change category

Meta forum is fine

1 Like

This is great if you’re making a game. :))

For pixel art though, I just do the first and second ones.

1 Like

Nah.
I would rather put 1.0 in the title and repeatedly update it increasing it by 0.1 each time until I eventually put (FINAL), but that is only with some types of projects

2 Likes

Edited to realiticly reflect me

3 Likes

Wow cool nice job! Very interesting lol

1 Like

Thanks, I totally needed this! I only ever got 1 project curated in my life.

Nice tutorial or what do you call this
You have to acknowledge that none of my curated projects are curation-worthy

1 Like

You should, I really found it great and interesting. Well written!

5 Likes

@AstrosUwU
I will try sketching out a game and see if it helps! :slight_smile:i had one curated but it was in an outdated channel soooo I’m back to 0

Good tips btw

1 Like

My first project on my account was curated, but it was in one of the categories that barely got any projects so mine was ether on or near the top until excellent came out

2 Likes

To make a proper curation worthy project, it doesn’t have to be good. All you have to think about:

Is the project interesting?

Is the project laggy or slow, can you make it faster?

Does the project have smooth graphics?

Is the project able to crash?

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter if the project is interesting, persay. Cuz you could have a great project with a boring storyline but it could be super fun to play. That may not necessarily be overly interesting or exciting, but it could still get curated if the mechanics are great. Then you’ve also got coded art too, which may not necessarily be the most interesting thing ever either, but still gets curated if it’s complex and cool enough

5 Likes

I think the word “good” here can be subjective, because it depends on the person and their definition of “good”

6 Likes

yeetus, and many other factors :))

5 Likes