How To Make A Good, Curation-Worthy Project

5 Tips on how to make good projects

1. Work hard at design
    Start by sketching on paper what you want the design to look like. Ask a trusted friend or family member their honest opinions-and take them into account! Design, for me, is a huge factor. The more professional-looking to project is, the more I want to play it.

2. Don’t make rushed project
    I think most of us are guilty of this-We make a rushed five-minute-made project and don’t really work at it. When you rush, you tend to overlook important things. Pay attention to detail is one of my favorite sayings

3. Be willing to learn as you go
    Don’t stick to what you think is right-ask for a valued opinion, and work with it. This can be invaluable.

4. Ask for beta testers
    Make a beta-testing topic on the forum! Ask a leader to enlist it, and ask people to help! Publish screenshots, copy links and unpublished projects, let them give you feedback and help.

5. Publish WIP’s
    And post a note asking hopscotchers to remix the project with suggested fixes.

17 Likes

@Grizzlygoat1 and @LittleNoobyBoi you asked to be tagged

4 Likes

I’m gonna be honest, I’m proud of myself for the professional look to this topic

I’m gonna tag @Algor1thms

6 Likes

Good tips!

Maybe change the title to “Masterpiece” since that’s what the tab is called

3 Likes

I switched to curation because these can really be used for any channel

2 Likes

Nice :ok_hand:

3 Likes

cool cool

3 Likes

Tbh I use 0 of these and have 15 featured projects :sunglasses: XD

2 Likes

Tho I would probably have 20 if I did lol

3 Likes

maybe

I hope these tips help people

3 Likes

Yeah these are good tips.

3 Likes

I don’t even know how many of my projects were curated. My first one to be curated was “GreenCube (See Code for Details)” project, with a view count of 1.4K. It was also how I was brought here to the forum…

3 Likes

These r awesome tips tho, and I’ll be sure to follow them next time!

1 Like

thanks you guys :hugs:

I don’t actually design what I am making I just have a clear picture in my mind

2 Likes

that’s a good idea. I tend to be forgetful, so drawing it out is personally something that helps me

2 Likes

I’m prob gonna post a follow-up of more in-depth tips soon. hopefully these help until then.

2 Likes

As of August 17th 2020 you have 6 projects on excellent with the account Crosbyman64. The earliest was published on January 13th 2020 and the most recent (as of August 17th) was published on August 11th 2020

4 Likes

how many do I have?

2 Likes

nice tips Astros

I’d disagree with the 5th though, I don’t like publishing wips but feedback is good

1 Like