How to make a drawing pad in hopscotch

I made a drawing pad, but when I switch the colour, its still the same colour as before!
Can anyone help or give me a screenshot of how its done? That would be greatly appreciated. :cherries:

Hi @glow12, here are screenshots of code that add colour to a drawing pad:

This code changes the colour to yellow (which has a value of 10) when you tap the "Yellow" object.

This code is the text that draws. It chooses its colour according to what the Colour Value is equal to.

For example, if you had tapped the "Yellow" object, then the Colour Value would be equal to 10. Then when you draw on the iPad, it reads that value as 10 and it thinks "10 means yellow" so it knows to draw with a yellow line.

There's a really awesome post about adding colours here too, and you can have a look at that if you like.

If you have a different way of doing it in your project, you could show screenshots or publish a draft of the project and we could have a look at what's going on :smiley:

Ive got an easier way
When (something purple) is tapped
Change trail colour to purple
On the drawing character

Thank you guys! @t1_hopscotch and @GoGoGames1!

Btw @t1_hopscotch can we be friends?

Add a clear button and add a rule that is when clear is taped leave a trail to background and make width 99999999999

Sure @glow12 everyone is friends on Hopscotch :smile:

YAY! I like to make new friends! :smiley:

Can someone teach me how to make a drawing pad with all the HSB colors? (I don't know how to make a basic drawing pad either)

The same thing happens to me too!