How to make a coordination game

Hi, this is based on my game, Shoot Le Boot. And I decided to make my first tutorial instead of asking questions. First we will need: the character, the bullet (or whatever you want) a laser shooter, the thing you will shoot, and some text that will show score. I’m not gonna talk about the character’s code since it’s not gonna be having any special features. First for the laser shooter, do when (game starts) repeat forever (set position) to X (Character) X position + 37 and Y will be the (Character) y position. Then add another rule that says when (my iPhone) is tapped, start sound to the one with the wavy line things. That’s all for the laser shooter. Now go to the bullet’s code and do when (game starts) set invisibility to (100), set size to (20), and set position to X (Laser shooter) X position + 25 and Y (Character) Y position + 10. Then add a new rule, and do when (my iPhone) is tapped, set invisibility to (0) change X by 1000, set invisibility to (100), wait milliseconds (70), and set position to X (Laser shooter) X position + 25 and Y (Laser shooter) Y position + 10. This will make the bullet go move forward all the way and then restart back to its original position. And for the thing you will shoot, add a rule that says when (game starts) repeat forever change y by -10000 then wait 0 milliseconds and then change y by 10000 and the wait 0 milliseconds again. And add a new rule that says when (game starts) repeat forever set speed to 300. This will make the boot go at a reasonable speed. And then add a new rule that says when (Bullet) bumps (self) set invisibility to (100), wait (100) milliseconds, set position to X (close to the top right center) and Y (the top of the screen), and then set invisibility to 100. This will make the boot regenerate when it gets hit. Now, to the score. make a new variable for the game and add a new rule that say when (game starts) set score to 0 and repeat forever set text to (Score). Now, add a new rule that says when (Bullet) bumps (what you need to shoot) increase (Score) by 1. Now, go back to the object you need to shoot’s variables and go the the set speed rule and make it say 300 + (Score). This will make the starting speed be 300 and increase the speed when the score increases by 1. For example, if the score is 10, the speed will be 310. Now that’s all you need to know! I didn’t use images because I have trouble uploading them. Please say if any of the instructions were unclear.

12 Likes

Can I have a link to your profile? I wanna follow u.

3 Likes

My hopscotch name is Mr.Afro, I think you’ve liked one of my projects before.

4 Likes

Oh ok. I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

Great tutorial!

But maybe you could make it a little clearer to understand- overall it’s amazingly amazing, I’ll take that into my future projects!

2 Likes

What will I need to do to make it clearer?

2 Likes

You could organize it more like this!

2 Likes

Though I’m not able to use images

2 Likes

Yes, I know but images don’t really matter - you could do this kind of text trick to explain code!

Like this!

Or you could use folders for different sections of code :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohhhhhhh, I’ve seen that before!

2 Likes

Only leaders are able to edit, right?

3 Likes

Yep! You got it right :smile:

I think I’ll have to ask leaders, XD

2 Likes

Great! You can tag leads to edit :wink:

1 Like

Yea.
@PumpkinGirl is on, I’m sure she’d be happy to help :))

3 Likes

@Leaders, will y’all edit the parts where I’m saying what code blocks to use with the text trick thing?

3 Likes

No need to tag them all haha, especially after I just tagged kingi for ya

3 Likes

sure! like to edit up the draft in a post - and I can swap right in?

4 Likes

Yes, you can

2 Likes

Hey @Mr.Afro, you can also do this trick like this >
![image|90x90](upload://j6C1zTJknrmQc8Ofslr9BWyc2Kb .jpeg)
(Add spaces)

2 Likes