(Moved and First like+re)
This definitely needed a topic on
(first non creator non fea post)
Wait, I can’t post a link?
Normally, no (unless basics can post links again due to an untold change). But if you use this method, you can at least post the url, and a leader can make it work later.
Just follow the tutorial and post it like this:
And a leader will make it this:
Ahh I can’t put images in my posts either
Wait, a basic user can’t put images in their posts?
Basics can’t add links, images and edit and a variety of other things
I have thought of making this a topic many times since it is a very popular question, but you beat me
However, your guide is very well written and awesomely structured!
Umm did someone just read my last post, cause I just got promoted to member…
I was too lazy to poke you on a hs forum topic, so here’s this
Can basics copy the text and paste it into the url?
Only members + can post links
Great topic with superb explanations!
May I ask why it shows your age when you want to copy a link?
THT doesn’t want super young people texting and emailing these on paren’t devices, most likely. After all, the app is rated 4+
I had a topic on it, but this is way more detailed
@WGaming71 @FearlessPhoenix (flamephoenix) can you try to post each of these below:
<a href="https://www.google.com">full link</a>
or this one below:
<a href="/t/50533/">relative link</a>
or the one below this line:
<a>link text with no href</a>
[details="Who is able to post a link normally"]
Anyone with Trust Level ![image|210x77,40%](upload://3sqKqCxfxzWGACdsEvyhiIRGja0.jpeg) or above. Basic and new users cannot post links.
<details open><summary>How to Copy the Link of a project</summary>
Tap the share button and enter your age
Click on Copy
<details open><summary>Paste it in</summary>
Your screen should look like this
Select the link and press the **`</>`** button on the top. Your text will end up like this.
A leader will come by your post later and will edit the link for you so that others can click it.
<details><summary>Embed your project in the post!</summary>
Use this code:
`<iframe src="https://c.gethopscotch.com/e/PROJECTID" width="640" height="480"></iframe>`
- This can be done by any trust level.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE **/e/** INSTEAD OF **/p/** in the src attribute.
<iframe src="https://c.gethopscotch.com/e/zuasmwksm" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
[details="So why can't THT just basic and new users post a link normally?"]
Currently, it is being used as a measure to prevent spam. "How?" you may ask. Here's why.
- Links have the ability to show up as other text. For example, www.google.com can show up as this: [Google](https://www.google.com/)
- It also means that links such as this one can be misleading: [https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/zuasmwksm](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)
- "But members can also make misleading links": They are restricted to **trust** levels because you will gain trust levels as you engage yourself in the community. The more you can be **trusted**, the higher your **trust level** tends to be. Members have been around enough to know what's beneficial for this specific community. Regulars visit frequently and help often, and leaders are selected by THT specifically for their ability to be trusted.
- Untrustworthy users could use that to quickly initiate harmful file downloads or link harmful / unnecessary sites to the forum.
- Since the above points are currently the case, THT wants to make sure that only trustworthy users are posting links.
- The preformatted link is acceptable for a basic or new user because it is what it shows and cannot mislead people.