Who is able to post a link normally
Anyone with Trust Level or above. Basic and new users cannot post links.
Select the link and press the
</> button on the top. Your text will end up like this.
A leader will come by your post later and will edit the link for you so that others can click it.
Embed your project in the post!
Use this code:
<iframe src="https://c.gethopscotch.com/e/PROJECTID" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
- This can be done by any trust level.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE /e/ INSTEAD OF /p/ in the src attribute.
So why can't THT just basic and new users post a link normally?
Currently, it is being used as a measure to prevent spam. “How?” you may ask. Here’s why.
- Links have the ability to show up as other text. For example, www.google.com can show up as this: Google
- It also means that links such as this one can be misleading: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/zuasmwksm
- “But members can also make misleading links”: They are restricted to trust levels because you will gain trust levels as you engage yourself in the community. The more you can be trusted, the higher your trust level tends to be. Members have been around enough to know what’s beneficial for this specific community. Regulars visit frequently and help often, and leaders are selected by THT specifically for their ability to be trusted.
- Untrustworthy users could use that to quickly initiate harmful file downloads or link harmful / unnecessary sites to the forum.
- Since the above points are currently the case, THT wants to make sure that only trustworthy users are posting links.
- The preformatted link is acceptable for a basic or new user because it is what it shows and cannot mislead people.