How to get custom thumbnails?

tagica
‮ereh_saw_ea
custom_thumbnail
hopscotch⁣

I’ve even done it for Twisty Arrow! For mine you have to shake the iPad and swipe an object a certain direction, so it’s secure.

(Notice the title on the circle- it’s not anywhere in the game)

very good

Okay now I have to do that with my game because it sounds cool

How do you get the switch scene block, and how do you edit a scene?

Petrichor I (Am)

There’s a switch scene block?

In the ball bounce game, yes.

There are many, many different ways one could implement this type of hidden code (more generally called an Easter Egg). My preference is to add an object at 99% invisibility. When tapped it become fully visible. And if it’s not tapped within some short period of time, then it becomes 100% invisible (so it can no longer be tapped)

I sometimes like to add revision information to the thumbnail (note the yellow bit in the upper left) using that technique.

Easter Eggs can also have other uses than just making project thumbnails, and I like to put them in many of my games. The above Trap the Mosquito, for example, switches the hegagons to display the numerical calculations that are going on behind the scenes when the Title is tapped. (Which I added to make to easier to explain to anyone who might ask, how the game worked)

There’s also a hidden Easter Egg for invincibility in Breakout, just as another example.

Happy coding.

They used code.
Check the code, I think they used a block from the beta
But it’s in there.

I mean you don’t have to use “change scene”. To me it’s easier the less objects I have, so that’s why I add a secret sequence of actions that cause certain objects to change. It’s quite simple, you just need to make sure other people can’t remix it with the thumbnail.

What’s so bad about people remixing with the thumbnail?

People think they made it, even despite the original coder tag, plus, that’s just not supposed to happen.

You put this in your code, but you make it hidden, so that users can’t access it easily. For example, you can make a thumbnail screen and use “when iPad is shaken” to trigger the thumbnail using “set invisibility” blocks. From that screen, just publish the project.

I see that many others already have suggested this or a similar thing, and there are several ways to do this. Tell me or anyone else on here if you need a more detailed explanation!

I saw destroy object, are you a beta tester?

See my “Copyable Blocks 0.5” in my profile, they are secret blocks

How do you get them?

I’m also surprised you responded to me.

Read the instructions there first please

Completely skipped reading.

Cool, because I made it (relatively) very simple to get those blocks
– it is a lot harder to get them any other way

Thank you so much, now I don’t have to subscribe…