How to Get Awesome Game Ideas!

I made a topic about how to make your games good, and now I am going to teach you my method of getting game ideas. I am getting a lot of support on topics like these so I wanted to share more!

Way 1: Find The Inspiration Source
When you started HS, you had some game ideas, right? So think of the source that you are getting your ideas from, and you could get more game ideas from that. Let’s say I made a survival game, and my source was Minecraft, then I would try to get game ideas from Minecraft.

Way 2: Combine Games
This is in my opinion the coolest way to get game ideas. In my How To Make Great Games topic, I said you want a balance of if your game is too real or not. But there is a better way to do this. You can combine games! This can reduce the time learning how to play and more time playing the game. Let’s say I like Pac Man, and I also like Minecraft. Then I could make a game where you escape a maze with monsters and you have to also survive and collect food and stuff! The player could know how to play pac man and Minecraft, and now they are just putting the rules together!

Way 3: Your Hobbies
Using your hobbies, make up game ideas! This is really helpful because hobbies are things you like to do, and making them into a game is what you could like too!

Thank you for reading this. I hoped this help you have awesome game ideas!

15 Likes

I got the concept idea of my StarCourse game from a game made in PowerPoint called “Mouse Course 3.” The name “StarCourse” originated from my profile picture, as it has a star in the center.

Although, I didn’t think of this until over 4 years after I started Hopscotch… not sure what my ideas where back then…

6 Likes

This is really helpful! Thanks

6 Likes

Another way to combine games is to have multiple games in one project. Then there’s more than one thing to do on there.

6 Likes

Really awesome, thanks !

5 Likes

What if the player doesn’t know how to play pac man or minecraft

5 Likes

you implement instructions

8 Likes

Another great topic and very helpful tips!

5 Likes

Great topic! I will use this whenever I am short of game ideas.

1 Like

My inspiration for my destruction simulator was a game I saw on HS a while ago, it was really awesome and had really cool features like a mind control Ray.

1 Like

I sometimes take inspiration from earlier games as well. That should be added to one of the tips.

1 Like

I will put favorites on this

1 Like

That is inspiring source

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

1 Like

What I mean is find what is inspiring you

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I was saying earlier. And not just in games, but in real life, too. I find looking at my surroundings can plant the seed I need to start creating my next game.

1 Like