Every time that I see someone’s username and below is something else I wonder how to do that. I see that even people of the same trust level as me (member) can do this. I was wondering how any of y’all have done this and if I could try @Petrichor and other people can do this sort of thing
I could be wrong but I believe ur talking about this?
This is a custom title and you can get one upon obtaining regular on the forum, although it isn’t very exciting and you just get the word ‘regular’ next to ur name like I’ve got.
A bunch of people (like Petrichor, as you’ve mentioned) have custom ones which they have requested from the mods on this forum (basically just Ana) upon winning either the annual summer contest or other contests and reasons—I think some people got them after applying for leader, but I could be mistaken.
Personally, I think they’ve given out too many of them and they’re kinda unfair but basically, just hang on until u get regular to get one. You can check the guidelines to get regular here.
Hopefully this helped!
That’s a very good explanation about this whole thing @Madsie05!
@KyGuy64 the thing next to Madsie05’s name is a default title you will be offered once you reach the third trust level, aka regular
These are the requirements but basically just like a lot of things, post kinda often and read lots of posts, I recommend the drawing topics for example.
To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…
- Must have visited at least 50% of days
- Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
- Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
- Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
- Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
- Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- Must not have been suspended or silenced
* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.
To get custom titles, for example which I have, you have to be given them by a moderator, and there are a two ways which you could get them:
a) win a coding competition
b) apply for leader (which I did)
c) email Ana and explain why you want a title (you could ask for one such as “helper” or “happy to help” which is my one!)
That is it for now, but I hope that kinda helps!
(I never realized on day of silence back in 2016 how lucky I had been to get a custom title from kiwicute but nowadays I appreciate it much more )
- “Regular” is earned as noted above
- All other titles are given by admins
—most often earned via HS compets
—occasionally via other means (example: email)