How to determine if iPad has been swiped?

values

Does anyone know how to determine if iPad has been swiped? I'm trying to use it in nPad X.

By the way, I am a master at values.

To @t1_hopscotch_: moderation

Well, I'm pretty sure there is a "When ----- is swiped" block, but I don't think that's what you are looking for. Is it?

I tried that but it has no iPad option.

I probably need something using values.

Well, that's easy. If it's missing and hasn't been misplaced, then... yep, your iPad has been swiped!

J/K :blush:

I dunno.

You can have a 99% invisible object. Then add a rule to it so it is so large it takes up the entire screen. Then you can use that as the thing you swipe!

Wait..there IS a choice for iPad in ________is swiped (left, right, up, down)!

@NDSDNS There is a way to secretly hack it in, which is what @CreativeCoder found :wink:

All you have to do is drag a "When ___ is tapped" (or any other When that has iPad as an option)

Then drag out that When to delete it. And then just drag in any "When __ is swiped" and you'll see iPad as an option! :smiley:

It's probably a bug because you can do things like "When iPad bumps iPad" as well, and the Hopscotch Team knows about it since I told them. But I'm glad it's still there so we can do things like these :smile:

@t1_hopscotch how'd you get iPad is swiped?
When iPad is swiped
iPad is Swiped Method!

@t1_hopscotch Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't even know what I was doing :smile:! When iPad bumps iPad sounds like some feature on a new Apple device! That's strange, though. It's kind of like how you can put a value block in a Leave a Trail.

Thanks @t1_hopscotch. You have always been on my list of most advanced programmers :wink:

@NDSDNS I tried the iPad is swiped trick @t1_hopscotch said with the using a "is tapped" block, and it worked. The project showing this is here:

this is the link to that project

Thanks @CreativeCoder!

No problem @NDSDNS! I hope your project turns out well :wink:

@NDSDNS maybe try following the instructions one more time? :hushed: I'm not sure why the "hack" is not working.

(And I'm continuing the discussion here so that we don't fill a different topic with posts that aren't related to the discussion :wink:)

Update: okay I see it's fixed. Thanks @CreativeCoder for helping out :smiley:

I redid it and it seemed to work (hopefully)

Good idea linking this to this post

@t1_hopscotch there is no iPad is pressed or iPad is tapped or anything. The first time though I tried using bumps and the hack worked because it got edge of screen and anything but I can't get iPad. However, as @CreativeCoder showed me, if you leave the object to swipe field blank then it's the same thing :grinning: .

@t1_hopscotch the ipad is swiped hack is not working. :cold_sweat:

How to determine if iPad has been swiped?

What part uses that? I can check it out if you want

OK I sent it to you.

I made it so when the iPad is swiped up the menu comes up. I hope that's what you meant