How to deal with bugs

Greetings, fellow mortal. Ok, let’s say you have a bug in your game. Here are some few steps to follow to maybe solve it.

1. Check the code,
    Has your code got clones in them, or have one of the other objects missed a piece of code to make them different? This might be the issue, so check your code carefully and thoroughly.
  2. Ask a friend
    If you are still stuck, you can ask a buddy about what is going on. This is a great idea if your code is similar to someone else’s. Tell them about the problem, and what they need to do to get it. CodeHelp is a really good tag list if you are struggling on some code.
  3. Make a bug report
    If you or none of the people can solve the bug, then make a bug report topic. Make sure the bug is reproducible and can happen in any other game if coded, so Tht knows and can try to help.
    Thanks for reading this, I hope it helps
Does this help
  • Yes it does
  • No it doesn’t

0 voters

10 Likes

Good topic:)

4 Likes

Well that’s 100% impossible
Nice topic
And people need to knwo that reproducible here means make happen again, I’ve seen people leave that out because they don’t know what that means

2 Likes

When I troubleshoot, I usually try to isolate (if possible) the problematic code. Also having objects that tell you certain information like what number a variable is, how many clones an object has, etc. is also helpful.

What I mean by ask a friend is a fellow forumerm bc everyone here is a friend :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I guess it would be hard to ask an irl friend if none of your friends can code lol

2 Likes

Bug reports are for bugs in Hopscotch. Project bug reports are better in the “Debug my Code” category.

1 Like

Unless it is an actual bug to do with the app and not a mistake in the code

I remember that Nobody (the user) does a great explaining that here:

3 Likes

I have no people to help me offline

2 Likes

I think he meant on the forum.

3 Likes

Or the yctayhch

It’s a she, and yeah

2 Likes

Yes, but how about offline

2 Likes

I don’t mean offline :woman_facepalming:t2:
I mean on the forum. Unless you know someone offline who can help

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant that but I must’ve been typing too fast and it didn’t acknowledge that I pressed it, or something. I’ll be more careful in the future.

3 Likes