How to create updating hopscotch links/drafts

Hi everyone! This tutorial will show you how to make updating drafts, where whenever you save the project, the changes are automagically applied to the link.

What does this do?
It’s pretty simple, whenever you change something in the project and exit the project, it saves and uploads and the changes will be applied to the link, saving you from having to publish and unpublish a project for every update.

How does this work?
To do this trick, we get the uuid of a draft, which normally isn’t possible but thanks to json files we can find this. The uuid of a draft in a link updates to the most recent version of the draft whenever the draft uploads to the cloud. Simple, and effective.

The steps
1: if you don’t already have it, download Siri Shortcuts (which is already installed in most cases) and add Awesome_E’s hopscotch json shortcut. If you don’t have it or don’t know how, it’s ok! Just go to this link, and follow the instructions on how to get the hopscotch json shortcut.
———
2: now make a project, anything works, just put something random in it and save it, you can still work on the project later. or enter a project you want to get the link for, and exit out of it.
———
3: once you have that, simply start the hs json editor. When you do so, after clicking ‘ok’ on the agreement you’ll be asked to pick a file. Find your hopscotch json project files, (explained at the bottom of this post) and select the most recent one, which will be the project you just created/the project you want to add the link to.
———
4: you’ll be asked how you want to preview the project. Simply select “Show Popup” and a menu will popup with some information. Ignore most of it, just look to the top where it says ”uuid”: and select and copy the red numbers and letters that follow, without the quotation marks. Then exit out of the shortcut, we don’t need it for this anymore.
———
5: simple part! Just take this link: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/
And paste the uuid you got in front of it, like this:
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/1142omjgjt
(A test project I made for this)
———
6.66: you’re done! The link is now ready to go. Copy the whole link and save it somewhere, and you now have an auto updating draft link. Whenever someone clicks, it’ll take it to the most recent version of the draft. Great job! :D

thanks to @Awesome_E for the shortcut, making this possible and easy to do!
thanks to @TheCMStudios for using this and letting me make this topic!
you guys rock!

How to find your json files

When the popup asks you wheat file you want to use, go to Browse > On my iphone > click the hopscotch folder > then click “json_projects”. Then, either check which date is most recent and select it, or swipe down to show the menu and change the sorting to “date” which will show the most recently entered project in the top left.

Thanks for reading this!

17 Likes

nice tutorial

2 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes
2 Likes

very handy, thanks tem tem!

4 Likes

Glad to help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Does the category need to change

1 Like

I moved it, dw

1 Like

yum

you can also go to files -> hopscotch -> json projects and copy the digits before .hopscotch for the uuid

I don’t think these are UUIDs

1 Like

odd, it’s only some of the drafts

2 Likes

2 Likes

Samee heree

Very Noice Tutorial there
(Ill try it :))

I think it is when you save as a draft or download from the server, not completely sure though.

4 Likes

Awesome (_E), A proper tutorial I can always refer to now!

2 Likes

Awesome tutorial Tem :))

4 Likes

Thanks fearless, glad you like it Ae!

3 Likes

Cool tutorial!