No, I am not making an intro, I'm just jumping in!
- Always include something nice in your posts.
Bad EX: You're so mad, you make me cry!
Good: You are nice sometimes, but when you get mad, I get hurt.
- If you feel you are going to say something hurtful, say it in only 3 words. This makes it harder to be hurtful.
bad EX: Snoopy, you are being SOOO annoying, why can't you just stop?!
Good: Snoopy, please stop.
- Express YOUR feelings in this format: I don't like it when you... Please...
Bad EX: You're so mean! I hate it! You should quit!
Good: I don't like it when you don't treat me like a deserve. Please try to consider my opinion, too.
- Use the 'Mom over your shoulder' technique. Basically, if you wouldn't say something with your mom looking over your shoulder, don't say it at all!
Bad: You're so weird!
Good: Haha, that was funny, but be sure to make it nice next time.
- Consider the person's point of view.
Bad EX: We are much better than you Slytherins! You don't deserve the house cup! We want it!
Good EX: We Hufflepuffs understand that you want the House Cup to buy infinite cupcakes, but we need it more to heal the Great Sirius Black.
I will most likely add more later on!
If you know more, please add more to this discussion below!