How THT could add online!

I think almost all of us want online in hopscotch, so I’ve thought up a way THT could do this!

THE BASICS

The way you could add online would be a this block:

Add Online (Character) (Players)

(Character) Explained

In the character section, you could select one your objects, this object would copy itself whenever someone joined into the game.

(Players) Explained

In the players section, you could type the amount of people could be in a server, with the max amount being 15.

GLOBAL VARIABLES

Global Variables would be a new variable that would be saved globally (duh).

This could be added by itself, which could allow people to (somehow) create online!

This could also be added along with the Add Online block to make it so we could add leaderboards and stuff along with the online gameplay.

Create Server

The Create Server block could also be another way to add online. Here is what the Create Server block would look like:

Create Server (Name) (Passcode)

This block would add a server with a name and passcode that people could type in to join that server, which reminds me of…

JOIN SERVER

This would go along with the Create Server block. This block would ask the user for the name and passcode of the server, and then when the correct name and passcode are put in, would make the user join the server.

I like…
  • None of these ideas
  • Add Online
  • Create Server
  • Join Server
  • Global Variables

0 voters

9 Likes

Good ideas

2 Likes

@AwesomeOnion ^^^

2 Likes

In most coding languages, “Global Variables” are variable that can be used in any program (or any object in Hopscotch, similar to “Game Variables”).

There are also “Local Variables” (object variables in Hopscotch) that cannot be used anywhere else.

Would be interesting to see a forth variable type, though. Can’t even imagine the possibilities…

6 Likes

I am the one person that doesn’t, but I wouldn’t complain if it was added, especially the global variables

3 Likes

Great ideas!

Global variables could also be used to save progress.

1 Like

Also making leaderboards

2 Likes

I like all of these ideas. Global variables could also be called cloud variables but it doesn’t really matter.

2 Likes

Working with instances (/clones) is really hard, but hopefully we can see an implementation similar to what you describe some time!

3 Likes

These are all nice :+1:
Especially cloud vars and online clone thing

I personally like global vars
(probably because i made a topic about it once a few months ago)

1 Like

See, I have been wishing an online update forever ever since I have saw scratch have a multiplayer feature

2 Likes

Global variables are variables that can be used in the entirety of the process. They have a scope that limits them to that process (but you can do some fancy coding stoofs to access them from other processes, but that’s different). Local variables are variables whose scope is limited to a function (or functions). Global variables are stored in the data section of a process, while local variables are stored on the stack.

3 Likes

cloud variables, online = should do something with server things, which may cost money to THT

2 Likes

And in turn, subscriptions would get costlier or reduced features for non-subscribers.

no, maybe its in beta editor, but if approved it will be public, there, more fair and no change in costs

1 Like

it will make tht’s work bigger

If we have it they can maybe make the among us hopscotch version

2 Likes

I can already mod online, but the problem is that there would be unfiltered chats outside of HS.

I do suppose, however, that I can make it refer to a thread here instead of having an in-game chat.

5 Likes

Ok awesome e and great website

1 Like