How Hopscotch works

these do not take 0 frames to execute it seems

5 Likes

The check takes zero frames. The first block inside stil takes its usual amount, and set variable blocks just before a check will take one frame if the conditional contains a variable.

1 Like

huh…when I put a check if and a set variable in the check it seems to take a frame

1 Like

I look up WebGL, trying to find the latest version. The results were shocking. It said that WebGL is oofed, and WebGPU will soon take its place. So I look up a comparison between the two, and the WebGL version went down to 8 FPS from 30 FPS, and the WebGPU version had no change in performance, even though they were executing the exact same graphics (the WebGPU version also loaded all elements faster).

Their types are both API, but Hopscotch will stick to WebGL due to Pixi probably not being compatible with WebGPU

3 Likes

That is the set variable block taking a frame because it takes 1 frame to exit the if block if there’s zero frames inside of it

3 Likes

Yes, weird and also I do know this post was from a long time ago

Idk… this might be a bit off topic… but is there a way to edit the json file of a project on an ipad without a computer? I’m trying to make a project but, it’s so big that when I copy something it literally takes 2 mins to paste it and around 30 seconds to assign a variable… @Awesome_E do u know how?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks i’ll check it out

3 Likes

My project hs is not adding my latest additions to the file… is there any way to force it to update the file?

3 Likes

A couple things could be happening:

1. It must replace the original file.
  2. Parameters among other things won’t be added by HS if they don’t have all of the traits needed (parameters, for example, need “type”, “key”, “defaultValue”, and “value” to show up).

btw, let’s move the discussion here

2 Likes

small bump on this?

7 Likes

@AwesomeOnion, I’m curious: what WebGL version is hopscotch running at the moment?

I recently saw an article about WebGL 2.0 (Dec 4, 2020).

2 Likes

Also people can enable WebGL 2.0 (this is not enabled by default) on iOS by going into settings > safari > advanced > experimental features > toggle WebGL 2.0 on. WebGPU can also be enabled in the same spot.

2 Likes

What does enabling this do?

2 Likes

All it does is make safari compatible with WebGL2. Search “WebGL 2.0” in google, and click on “Your browser supports WebGL2” You should see a spinning cube with a 2 on its sides. If you don’t, you’ll have to enable it in settings.

3 Likes

I don’t see that

2 Likes

Should be under get.webgl.org/webgl2/

1 Like

What happens when the player is checking an and block and the first parameter is false? Does it still check the second one or does it ignore it since it doesn’t matter?

5 Likes

Not sure, but you can probably check that using _ae_webplayer_action alert. I’ll try that.

Edit: It seems to check it anyways

3 Likes