How do I get started?

I just started using hopscotch, how do I get to the coding part.

Hi welcome the forum

You can get coding by starting to watch videos on hopscotch

If you need any help just type @WinningMonkey

I'm having trouble implementing an algorithm that takes a midi, creates a markov chain, and uses it to generate random music. I have completed parsing the midi, but my method for creating markov chains is really slow. Can you give me the code for this? Thanks.
@WinningMonkey

I'm super confused but I'm sure other people could help you out

@BuildASnowman

I am going to give you tips:
Examine the code of the Featured projects. You might learn things.
Games take time. Be patient with yourself!
Have a plan ahead. Write down what game and format you are going to make on paper or keep them in your mind.
Use shapes instead of emojis. You can add a few emojis but not too much.
Remember to add instructions in your game if it is complex

I am no game pro. So I can't really help with the code! :sweat_smile:

Welcome @Ihaveexpectations! Tag me anytime you want help!
Just type "@KVJ"!

I suggest getting to know the blocks and interface first!

What are you using to parse the midi? In any case, creating a Markov chain in hopscotch is next to impossible because the lack of support for multi-dimensional matrices, along with changing specific values within larger variables.

What is your method of generating markov chains currently?

I faint to complicated u are so cool (cause u are so professional)

Welcome to the forum! Ask @BuildASnowman to show you his MIDI tutorial!

I'm confused, are you making this with Hopscotch or .json editing?

In Hopscotch, it would take a while to code, but it gives the fastest result: put all of your "check" events into "when _=_" (or whatever the event is) loops, then place your code inside. This should help you, even though my knowledge of what Markov chains are are very minimal.

Your vocabulary is intriguing. :0

What's your Hopscotch username?
Ways you can get started is to watch the videos, or with the new update, start with the Skills tab to introduce yourself to Hopscotch! There's also a lot of levels you can try out! :smiley:
You seem to know a lot of coding concepts, so Hopscotch should be a breeze!

Lol, I have a feeling this wasn't a very genuine post since they said they just started hopscotch and already were doing json editing and markov chains, so I responded to see if they were legit. Since they have not responded yet, I think not.

I think they've already got some experience with other languages and thought Hopscotch could do stuff like that too, and wanted to know if it was possible. I don't even know what that is and I've been hopscotching for more than two years... :0

Yeah, but they said they had already successfully implemented midi parsing in Hopscotch, and a slow algorithm for markov chains, which is about as hard as it sounds.

Oh, yeah. That doesn't make sense if they're a new coder.
I guess you should just help, even if it doesn't make sense.

Welcome! Hopscotch is a drag and drop block game, all you really do is let you creativity flow!! im sure you have figured out how to create a new game, all you do now is just use logic, ideas, and be social!! Almost everyone is a noob from the start, but dont give up if you feel like you failing!! Use other peoples ideas for inspertion, and theb it will all come to gether!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ~BWG

ps sorry for the speech. x3