How do I fix a glitch in my old animation project?

Hopscotch won’t let me put in links or files however the project is 19 weeks old and is titled “(Failed) Animation Test + Green House Redraw”

This is an older project of mine when I had the subscription to Hopscotch but basically I noticed one of the frames flashes with a bit of white and repeats, creating a sort of glitch effect, which is not intentional. The original gif I animated doesn’t have that effect and I would upload it however I’m not allowed to put up files.

I’m assuming this is something I did wrong with the “pic” variable but I’m not sure what. I’ve tried some small things to fix the code but whatever I do keeps making it worse. If anyone knows how to fix this then thank you so much!

12 Likes

You need to be a member to posts links, which you should get in about 7 days, if not more.

For the time being, you can just break up the link (put a space somewhere in between until the text looks black instead of aqua, like a space before the .co m extension //the space was in case the word was filtered), then I or another member/regular/leader can fix it for you.

4 Likes

Oh thank you!

5 Likes

Not sure what the cause is, I personally use the Set Image block. Not sure if that will make a difference or not…

2 Likes

One of the images had a couple of columns of white on the edge, I cropped it but now it’s slightly smaller than the others.

Also, there’s a block which lets you change the image of a single object, which I think would probably be easier to use than a bunch of separate objects.

2 Likes

It saved to my drafts and either way I just want to figure out for the purpose of learning from my mistakes, even if I can’t publish it.

4 Likes

Sorry, I misunderstood what the problem is. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Ok thank you! I’m not entirely sure which block you mean but I’ll find it.

6 Likes

It’s called “Set Image”

3 Likes

It’s in looks and sounds, it’s called “set image.” It can set image to any object. It does not let you put in a variable to determine the image so if you want to set image based on a variable you need to use a long check if else block, which is annoying.

4 Likes

I see it now it thank you I’ll recode it with waiting and stuff to see if it that fixes the issue

6 Likes

Maybe I’m just doing something wrong with it but when using it I can’t seem to get the image to actually appear? I started it on an image block and am attempting to have it change with waiting and repeat to get rid of variables but the project appears blank when playing.

5 Likes

Is the project working? Sometimes it’ll look blank but it the player is completely broken. Try drawing a trail and seeing if that works

3 Likes

Did you use the invisibility block by any chance? That can cause it to not appear…

3 Likes

No it’s not completely blank the black background and credit text still appear

4 Likes

I didn’t I already checked

4 Likes

Hm… from my experience with images, I always had to put a set size block right after the first set image block… without it, my images wouldn’t show up.

3 Likes

Ahh, interesting - as others have said you could use the set image but if you want to do it one by one, you can press draw and add image then check - when you add pictures normally, when it’s to big. it will do that which is definitely pretty annoying, and also welcome to the forum!

1 Like

First off, you are not allowed to post links when you are at Trust Level Basic. Just visit the forum everyday and you will very soon become a Member. For now, when you want to post a link, put a space somewhere in the URL. (Example: gethopscotch. co m.), and someone will quote you and remove the spaces (unless they are a lead, in which case they will just edit your post).

As for the image glitch, try using the set image block, and that should work. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Ola y’all what’s going on?