How do I add in game purchases?

I don’t know if this is the right place to go as it’s been years since I’ve been online here, but,

I see projects where you can make in game purchases to get stuff in the project, and I wanted to know how one adds that to their project? I also see that they finally allow save data on them as well, but I want to know how to do that as well.

5 Likes

Welcome back!

3 Likes

So seed developers have this thing where they can charge seeds and then people can buy their products kinda

2 Likes

Hello! Welcome back

Sadly, it’s not a thing you can do as of now.

You’ll see, the projects that have that feature have been carefully selected by the hopscotch team, to get more information, you could email help@gethopscotch.com

2 Likes

Uh, how do I do that lol
Do I need to subscribe? I ain’t about to pay money for stuff that should be free lol

2 Likes

No, only the people who are in top games is the seed devs

1 Like

You see, I just got this update lol
But, it does kinda blow that only those people can do it. I also think the subscription thing is wack too

1 Like

You don’t need to get the sub to get seeds, but you can press the seeds (looks like a growing plant) and it will show a thing

2 Likes

I agree too

2 Likes

inhales
So basically tht contacted some hsers and asked them to be a ‘seed dev’
Seed devs make a project for the ‘top games’ tab. Only they were given access to the request seed block. You can actually add the block to your project with some json editing but you can’t publish it, it will be sent for moderation and always rejected

exhales

3 Likes

Like others have said, that is something manually added to an account if THT chooses you to participate in the program.

I believe they used user variables, which are only available to subscribers.

4 Likes

This whole idea of subscriptions and subscriber only stuff makes no sense, considering how most of the people here are kids who can’t pay for it, plus, I heard new accounts can only publish 15 projects! They are restricting so much to people who can’t afford it.

2 Likes

jaw drops

1 Like

I saw a petition that explained that new accounts that are made are restricted to 15 if they don’t subscribe
Us old accounts keep our infinite published projects

2 Likes

There’s a topic about this somewhere, but it’s take some time to find it.
As for the subscription, the Hopscotch Team is run by people who are trying to make a living. Without money, they don’t get paid, and then, there’d be no Hopscotch.

Yes, I heard that. However, I believe that restriction has been lifted. Don’t quote me on that though.

There’s often been debate over the structure of the subscription, and while I do think user variables would be nice, MagmaPOP became one of the greatest Hopscotchers of all time without any of the premium features. In my opinion, Hopscotch isn’t “pay to win”; it’s simply got some special features for kids who are able to either pay for the subscription themselves or persuade their parents to pay for it.

1 Like

Hey there!

Currently the request seeds feature is only available to specific users in the Seed Developer team here on the forum! There is no mention of it become public any time soon though.

1 Like

I see. That’s unfortunate.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure the 15 project restriction has been lifted since I don’t have it and I don’t have a subscription.

Testing new stuff like this is important! Want to make sure this system isn’t abused or works properly before releasing it publicly

1 Like

I heard it was only for new accounts, not the old ones. But if it’s been lifted, then that’s good.

1 Like