"Hotdogs with a side of code" - Coding Café ☕

community
mmm_hotdogs_and_code

QUICK Coding Advice

Hey everyone! Welcome to the Coding Café. I’m going to show you how to make super fast clones without using a JSON file or lagging out your iPad.

All you have to do is create a “when game starts” rule and a “<” rule.
Make sure you set the “<” rule to IMG_1740
Put the “create a clone” block inside both rules and your done! It’s that simple!

Picture example:

Stay tuned for more Quick Coding Advice. If you have any questions about anything Hopscotch related, make the Coding Café your first stop for answers. The talented people at our Café will help you solve your problem as quickly as possible.

6 Likes

@Awesome_E Would you mind joining the Café Crew to answer questions about JSON files?

3 Likes

Depends on what I have to do. If the only thing you need me for is to answer questions about JSON, point people to tag me on the JSON projects topic

Sure, I guess so, then…

2 Likes

It can be more than 4095 if you use the destroy object block

1 Like

Well, I just want you to join the Café Crew because you are wildly intelligent and understand Hopscotch even more then I do. If you are interested, I would really love to put you on the team.

Please note the added “without the JSON file”. The quick coding advice wouldn’t be quick if I had to explain how to use the JSON file to get that block. Without editing the project with the JSON file, the max is 4095

3 Likes

I just copy awesome e’s Project for the secret blocks

3 Likes

Sure go ahead then

2 Likes

You still can’t clone more than 4095, unless you edit the webplayer

3 Likes

Hi @Yusamac205

You don’t even need the When Game Starts, just the When (self)Total Clones < #

5 Likes

Wow, really? That’s cool to know!

2 Likes

Yeah it is

I remember a while ago I was soo noob with clones and now i couldn’t live without them

1 Like

It’s 4096. Total clones include the first object too.

7 Likes

4096 is the total clones u can make + the original object

2 Likes

Or you can JSON edit and get clone times x for instant cloning, I love the instant method because I can also destroy with the destroy block

1 Like

Yes, and total clones includes the original object.

4 Likes

Huh, when I tried creating 5,000 clones and made a text block display the amount of total clones, it said 4095…

2 Likes

That would add 1 to it.

3 Likes

What Petrichor said: The text display counts as one object, and 4096 is the stage object limit, not max clones for one object

2 Likes

@Silverdolphin what’s this?

2 Likes

@UnicornRainbow here you go!

3 Likes