Hopscotcher's General Topic ๐Ÿ˜Ž (aka the fun house) (Yeehaw) (fun) (fun with Hopscotcher) (fun with gwetv) (fun with other people) Come join us to get 0% off car insurance!

fun
general_topic
ae_was_here
hopscotcher_is_cool
hopscotcher_is_here

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@Hopscotcher the link doesnโ€™t work

Yes, it does. Try closing out Hopscotch first then opening the link.

Cool! I bet @GameCodingCrazy123 would like to beta test, and heโ€™ll probably be able to help with making sure pieces move right and stuff like that.

Because GCC is my twin brother.
We used to share this account Iโ€™m typing from, but then GCC moved to the other one because I like to draw.

I see, I also noticed you havenโ€™t clicked the link yetโ€ฆ

why would you need to tag OMTL

Iโ€™m so confused why was I tagged here

Iโ€™m not sure how to make it work, I apolgize.
it looks great so far though!

Thanks!

Oh comโ€™on! Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m working on. It was going to be a game changer for Hopscotch. I canโ€™t believe I got beat to announcing it.

Maybe you should work on the same game together? You know, they say two heads are better than one. Iโ€™m not sure what else to say though, so I hope you can find some good advice (both of you I guess, seeing as your working on a chess game)

Well, good luck to you both. I hope your games come out well

Thanks Mewtwo, Iโ€™m currently in HS beta, which means I shouldnโ€™t code anything right now without risk. I seriously donโ€™t feel like switching back because I forgot the password to my account. I do have some tips for creating the board: Do not rely on the โ€˜is touchingโ€™ rule. It literally gives you no control. Also, I found it easier to have a value of where each piece is. Like a value for the y axis of the chess board and the x axis.

Oh, ok. Well how is the beta? Is it good to use?

Nope. So many bugs that I have a 3-5 page essay that I will have to write voluntarily with my already super busy schedule.

Oh. Well I hope both of the chess games you are working on come out great!

I doubt it. Unless it had some interesting code.
And like MewtwoCreator said, you two can work together.

The game is actually really good! The only thing that I would change (it is a minor bug) is that you can move several pieces of the same color on one square. Iโ€™m not a chess master, but I am pretty sure that it is against the rules to do thatโ€ฆ

Well, when you mean movement, Iโ€™m guessing making it so it doesnโ€™t drag to any square.
Maybe press a certain square, and do a check once if.