1. Why do you think people would choose to create a website like this? Maybe they dislike David/think he is weird or different because of his mental illness. Or maybe they’re just bullies, and they want to be “cool” or whatever.
2. How do think David would feel if he was aware of all of this happening behind his back? Probably unloved and very hurt. Honestly, it may even make my mental illness worse, if I were them.
3. Is it ok for Paula to pass on the email? She isn’t going on the website to say anything nasty herself. What David doesn’t know about can’t hurt him, right? Nope. You’re just as involved as the next person, no matter if you just made an account or if you posted daily.
4. What consequences could be given to the people who created this website? Probably detention and a forced apology to David. Worst case scenario, they get suspended or maybe even expelled.
5. Imagine you are each of the three types of characters in this story. The bullies, the bystander (Paula) and the victim (David). In this case, David IS aware of the situation. What would you do as each?
BULLIES: I would think: Is this worth it? Then I would be sure to tell the owner of the website to take it down as soon as I could.
PAULA: Again, tell the owner of the site to take it down. Then I would be sure to be nice to David and comfort him.
DAVID: Make an account on the site to tell them to stop. Then I would tell a teacher or a parent as quickly as possible.