hab_club
demolishbullying

It got moved

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

@HAB
Question

Can the victim of a situation that does not seek help also be considered a bystander?

A bystander is someone who, in the face of a problem does not do anything. When someone is being bullied a bystander will not help the victim or the bully. The bystander will just watch.

As an example, if someone was being bullied and did not ask for help and tell anyone, are they a bystander?

9 Likes

I don’t think so, I think they would still be the victim but I don’t know.

4 Likes

I don’t think so. Not too sure. Why?

3 Likes

I think they are both the victim and the bystander as they both had been bullied, and yet didn’t get help.

4 Likes

I don’t think it can count as that. Sure, a bystander is a person who faces the problem and does not do anything, and in that way the victim would be like a bystander. If you look at it on another perspective, the bystanders are the people who see what’s going on. The victim is the person who is acted upon, so they would be different.

6 Likes

I don’t think so.

4 Likes

Maybe.
I might look into this later. I’m sure there is information about this somewhere on the web.

4 Likes

The bystander has an advantage in that they don’t risk being bullied or further punished by the bully for speaking up. A bystander can be anonymous.

If the victim complains and protective measures are not taken, the situation for the victim can and will become worse.

4 Likes

@HAB

Weekly Poll:

Moving forward, what do you want from this group?

• More question/answer activities
  • Coding challenges in which we bring awareness to the topic of bullying to the app
  • Group discussions about certain aspects of bullying
  • Bring back a previous type of activity (please tag me in a post saying which one and why)
  • Other (please tag me in a post saying what you’d like to suggest and why it will be beneficial)

0 voters

5 Likes

Could you make the poll multiple choice please?

1 Like

i hope group leaders will reincarnate this topic (after starry was suspended for communication outside the firum)

4 Likes

What do you mean by reincarnate?

3 Likes

Just one vote per person for now.

I’ll make it a weekly poll.

2 Likes

Ok cool!

1 Like

I think they mean like revive the topic

1 Like

We do need a new owner for the club

1 Like
H.A.B Leaders+ Discussion Topic!

I thought @Writer_Lillian was doing it

2 Likes

@Writer_Lillian made a new topic but I’m talking about reviving this one.

If I understand what @cath said correctly then I’m not the only one who thinks this.

3 Likes