Hopscotchers Against Bu⁣ll⁣y⁣in⁣g! [NEW]

anti-bullying
hopscotchers
starrydream
hab_club
demolishbullying

I was gonna come back sooner but High School is harder than I expected… Plus a freaking hurricane sorta attacked me

2 Likes

This is what happened to me today in school:

Story 1:

I was just sitting in science class. Then my friend next to me grabs my pencil box and starts throwing all of my stuff on the floor. She also made up a plan with a boy in our class. They starting throwing my pencil box back and forth to each other. It landed to the boy, he almost threw it but I stopped it with my foot. My leg ended up hitting the stool. The pencil box landed to the feet of the teacher. She just handed it back to me, saying nothing.

Story 2:

I was in another class. We were talking about :tada:. (That’s not actually what we talked about, it’s just an example). 2 boys were sitting behind me. I know their voices.

My enemy: There was :blush:, :yum:, :smile:, and :laughing:
Teacher: Hey, who just said :laughing:
My enemy pointing to the other boy who is my friend that I have known for a while
Teacher: You said that?!
My friend taking the blame and getting in trouble

@HAB

14 Likes

The boy is trying to get on your nerves. Ignore him!

3 Likes

:confused:
Rude people’s
Just ignore them and if it doesn’t work out tell a teacher or something idk
Maybe ur parents so they can contact the principal if it gets worse

2 Likes

They don’t sound like friends if they are doing this to you

3 Likes

exactly ^^^^^^^

2 Likes

Oh no :confused:
Just tell a teacher or other trusted adult, and try to let it roll off of your back. Don’t feel bad just because someone else was being mean and immature.

2 Likes

To be honest I’m the one who gets kinda bullied because I’m immature XD

1 Like

Well… this topic is no longer alive.

What happened?! :frowning:

2 Likes

Jojo…I’m very sorry that I no longer look after HAB

2 Likes

Revive…
this was a useful topic

5 Likes

Yes, it sure was!

We’ve gotta fix this…

@HABleadersPlus

Will you help me?

4 Likes

Sorry but I cant

Thtjfytvjyffjyfjyfjvfhjfth

1 Like

Ya, do you want me to do an activity?

2 Likes

Yes please! I’d really appreciate that.

2 Likes

Have I been in for long enough to become an advanced member…also I guess I am more active than 1/2 of the people in HAB

1 Like

Do you want to set an activity? I’m sure none of the other Leaders+ will mind since this topic has been so inactive lately anyway.

Sorry @HopscotchRemixer, I misread your question earlier.

I’m honestly not sure whether your level is calculated by time (5 months and around 4 days) or based on activity (15 posts on here at the moment, one of which is asking to join and another one which is asking to move up to advanced member).

I have the ability to move you up but still don’t understand the new ranks very well. Sorry.

1 Like

A group of students in Paula’s class have created a website about a boy named David who is suffering from a mental health problem. They’ve left him out and are posting some pretty nasty things about him. It seemed to be a joke at first but things are really starting to get out of hand. People are able to post anonymously as guests without any links to their names or email addresses needing to be provided. There’s even a link going around via email, speaking of which, Paula received a link too and it says to just send it on to other friends. She isn’t interested in the site but she might at well send the email on, right?

Questions:

1. Why do you think people would choose to create a website like this?

2. How do think David would feel if he was aware of all of this happening behind his back?

3. Is it ok for Paula to pass on the email? She isn’t going on the website to say anything nasty herself. What David doesn’t know about can’t hurt him, right?

4. What consequences could be given to the people who created this website?

5. Imagine you are each of the three types of characters in this story. The bullies, the bystander (Paula) and the victim (David). In this case, David IS aware of the situation. What would you do as each?

@HAB

8 Likes
  1. Why do you think people would choose to create a website like this?
    So they think other people think they are cool and also because they think it’s funny even though it is wrong.

2. How do think David would feel if he was aware of all of this happening behind his back?
    I think he would probably cry and just not want to be near them anymore. He should tell his parents and his teacher.

3. Is it ok for Paula to pass on the email? She isn’t going on the website to say anything nasty herself. What David doesn’t know about can’t hurt him, right?
    Passing on the email is hurting David, so she shouldn’t do it. It can’t hurt him directly but he might find out sooner rather than later.

4. What consequences could be given to the people who created this website?
    They should be suspended from school at the most. I don’t think an apology is going to cut it.

5. Imagine you are each of the three types of characters in this story. The bullies, the bystander (Paula) and the victim (David). In this case, David IS aware of the situation. What would you do as each?
    As the bullies I would stop doing because
    1.Then I would get in more trouble(sorry but this the actual logical choice, nobody wants to get in trouble)
    2.I would say sorry
    3.I would do things to make David feel better
    As Paula I would report it because
    1.I wasn’t even part of this cyber-bu.llying thing
    2.Because it is just the right thing to do.
    If I was David I would also report it for the same reasons.

3 Likes
  1. because they are jealous of him (if david has good grades/etc.)/want to pick on others weaker than them

2. he would probably be angry and sad

3. no, it’s not okay

4. suspension/expelled from school

5. bully: idk what i’d do
    bystander: report it to a teacher/the principal
    david: same as bystander

4 Likes