Hopscotch Web Explorer

I wasn’t confused until I tapped that link lol
I don’t get it

1 Like

Basically,

1. the modded web explorer is what I developed before making the official one
  2. One of the features is x-ray, where you tap the target button on the bottom left
  3. That opens a menu and allows you to “filter” projects based on their title content, thumbnail, plays, and likes. Tap the eye to change whether “filtered” projects are shown, half visible, or hidden.
1 Like

ok i don’t think i understand
noooooo only a few likes left :(( sorry if I don’t like any posts :((

Here’s a screenshot:

The faded project cards were “filtered” because they either didn’t meet the thumbnail, title, plays, or hearts criteria in the modded explorer

1 Like
😑 I don’t understand

Ok… I dunno :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess the best way to understand is just to try it yourself here

1. Click this button image
  2. Click this: image

Then you will see how some projects become faded. (idk how to explain this :sweat_smile:)
Basically, that means the project was “filtered” out by the web explorer… I’m not exactly sure what you don’t understand – the filtering? how to open the web explorer? why I made it?

1 Like

They’re all faded is that bad or something?

:expressionless: I don’t get what I don’t get :expressionless:

Edit: well I just searched myself up on there?

1 Like

Basically, I coded it so that the faded projects are something I wouldn’t want to play. That doesn’t mean they’re definitely bad projects, but they’re usually things like art, chats, shoutouts, and other projects that don’t have much content once you enter them

Whether a project is faded out or not usually depends on:

• Colors in thumbnail
  • text in thumbnail
  • text in title
  • number of plays and likes
2 Likes

Ok so things that don’t have much code in them? Would my projects be faded I can’t remember if they were or not

1 Like

Some of yours were, but that’s because they were made and published without saving it in your drafts first, not because of the criteria I just mentioned

1 Like

Ok…

What does that mean?

1 Like

This means you pressed the create button on iPad, coded the project, and you published it, but you never exited the project before publishing (meaning, you never tapped home to go back to your drafts and resume it later)

2 Likes

No I don’t normally do that unless I need to switch devices.

1 Like

Yeah, that one’s a bit hard to explain.

Basically, the web explorer can’t tell if it’s published in one go (what you did) or if it was a remix that doesn’t have the watermark. So it counts it as a remixed project, even though you were the original creator.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okayy
That’s a bit weird

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a weird mechanic, but it has to do with project ID being an indicator of time. I won’t explain it here unless you want me to because that can be confusing.

2 Likes

Hmmmmmm uhmm okay?

1 Like

Lol it’s fine if you don’t understand – don’t worry about it :wink:

It’s not the easiest thing to explain either

Ok! :rofl:

1 Like