Hopscotch Web Explorer

When you open x-ray, the following will now happen:

• If a project has been saved as a draft for less than 3 minutes, or not at all, you will see a remix card with the time spent on coding that project. It is a remix card but shows a time instead of a profile name/link.
  • These cards are also marked as “hide the project” but can be overridden by other factors that are already a part of x-ray. About every 7/8 projects are now hidden due to this, as opposed to 60-65%.
  • This works in both retro and modern appearances.

Quick demo screenshots:

Only the two circled in red were not x-rayed out. Same deal in the next one:

Also, web explorer version bumped to 1.6.0
@FearlessPhoenix @SilverStar @Good-Es

10 Likes

Yeet

2 Likes

That’s amazing, thank you.

Would you also be able to add a feature that shows the date a project was curated on? It’d be pretty helpful haha

4 Likes

Unless provided by the API, I can’t see when a project was curated.

3 Likes

Ah bummer.
Is there any way you get get it from when your website channels auto-update?

3 Likes

Channel updating is local. If a 30 minute token expires on the local machine, it refreshes the channel list.

I guess you could propose an update to the curation system so that when curated, projects receive a “curated_at” time stamp and a category. That would be super helpful for both us the users and you + the team for checking project lists.

3 Likes

Ah I see.
Thanks

Lemme know if you ever find a way to see that then.

4 Likes

Is this even possible?

How do you keep it in your drafts for less than 0 seconds?

4 Likes

Because -1?

5 Likes

It sets the project as published just before assigning its UUID (difference is not too many milliseconds), and the difference deals with it in such a way that reads it as -1 sec.

This can happen if you never exit the project when creating it and publish it directly, or if you directly remix a project.

4 Likes

so basically if it has the -1 thing it still counts as a remix right

6 Likes

Yeah -1 to 0 to 1 is likely a remix.

But not always — projects like @William04GamerA’s also read -1/0/1 sometimes because it seems as if his daily trail arts are done without saving the draft in between, which will also cause the draft age to be zero.

5 Likes

because -1 is everywhere

4 Likes

Yeah I was considering changing it to never be negative, but I left it there. And that also means I will not change it just to display +2 instead of 2 sec/min.

3 Likes

Yep, I do most of them in one go!

5 Likes

@Awesome_E

You should make a code + debugging editor - you seem accomplished enough to do it (proved by this).

3 Likes

What exactly would this have in terms of features?

2 Likes

Something nice and smooth that works on mobile.

Maybe a debug view in case it’s crashes? We could send error messages to you.

Code completion.

Dark mode.

Maybe an option to code with text?

2 Likes

Awesome

3 Likes

so like the browser console on the desktop? That doesn’t really make much sense for the web explorer, but maybe I can do an output log on the web builder.

4 Likes