Hopscotch Web Explorer

Forgot to reply – added!

3 Likes

@Awesome_E I was checking out the web explorer. I noticed that text input prompts do not appear when in full screen. Try this project Collatz Conjecture calculator and grapher by Quadratic Studios 🇺🇦
Im on windows 11, and issue persists with chrome and brave.

Does the same thing happen if you go to https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/128uapodtz in the browser?

1 Like

No, only on explore.gethopscotch.com when pressing the full screen button (the one built into the website, not browser)

1 Like

Feel free to report that in #hopscotch-bugs:web-explorer then

2 Likes

How do I share a unpublished game using The HS Web Explorer?

3 Likes

Decided to do a quick check on how the modded web explorer x-ray holds up, and it still filters about 85% of projects, which I guess is the “target” I’ve been trying to maintain. I’m honestly surprised almost nothing has changed with the “detection ratio” of that tool

And yeah, I still have the full project scorer as a modding idea… but perhaps a more exciting modded creation might see the light of day sooner than that.

3 Likes

What does “x-ray” feature do?

2 Likes

@Awesome_E
I think this is a wonderful creation-
I had one suggestion though and if it is successful it would be really helpful to many hopscotchers (like me lol)

3 Likes

Well the web explorer does have lot of stuff, and even though it may be different, it is honestly to me the same

2 Likes

Thank you – I really appreciate that!

I can’t do any of this on the modded web explorer because those actions require user authentication, but I agree, that would definitely be a great addition to the official version!

When you tap the target icon on the bottom left, it will try to “filter out” projects that it thinks aren’t worth your time clicking on to play (i.e. an art remix, chat messages, etc.) It works based on a set of fixed criteria, such as whether the title and thumbnail include certain words, some project stats such as likes and plays, etc.

4 Likes

…and that’s also why I made this thing:

(If you’re confused, perhaps the modded web explorer help page would be a good thing to read)

3 Likes

I wasn’t confused until I tapped that link lol
I don’t get it

1 Like

Basically,

1. the modded web explorer is what I developed before making the official one
  2. One of the features is x-ray, where you tap the target button on the bottom left
  3. That opens a menu and allows you to “filter” projects based on their title content, thumbnail, plays, and likes. Tap the eye to change whether “filtered” projects are shown, half visible, or hidden.
1 Like

ok i don’t think i understand
noooooo only a few likes left :(( sorry if I don’t like any posts :((

Here’s a screenshot:

The faded project cards were “filtered” because they either didn’t meet the thumbnail, title, plays, or hearts criteria in the modded explorer

1 Like
😑 I don’t understand

Ok… I dunno :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess the best way to understand is just to try it yourself here

1. Click this button image
  2. Click this: image

Then you will see how some projects become faded. (idk how to explain this :sweat_smile:)
Basically, that means the project was “filtered” out by the web explorer… I’m not exactly sure what you don’t understand – the filtering? how to open the web explorer? why I made it?

1 Like

They’re all faded is that bad or something?

:expressionless: I don’t get what I don’t get :expressionless:

Edit: well I just searched myself up on there?

1 Like