Hopscotch Web Explorer

Big HS Achievement Made even though I shoulda done homework :sweat_smile:

The webplayer can detect keyboard input, and this is used as a conditional. This means that you can set a variable to whether a keyboard key is pressed or not and also use keyboard press as a custom game rule.

More details tomorrow or Wednesday.

Join my taglist TheModders by voting in the second poll here if you’d like to be tagged.

12 Likes

Well you completed your *coded * homework, so good job!

Also, this is revolutionary. I love it!

7 Likes

Wow :astonished: awesome

3 Likes

Yay! Time to actually be able to have fun

6 Likes

Please reply to the correct thread.

This happen sometimes to projects when they are played. I have no control over the behavior and when a project decides to stretch.

5 Likes

They’re new, AE. Maybe they’re not familiar with the layout yet.
@ShevaKadu, try reading this topic: A non-exhaustive list of things that can get your post deleted
Community Guidelines

Just read them over. We’re not saying you did anything wrong, but it’s best to read these and follow them so you don’t get anoned, suspended, banned, etc. :wink:

Also, AE, I wasn’t trying to be mean, it’s just your comment about staying on the right topics sounded a bit short and curt. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Shorter user links, should make things look a little better. Let me know if any pfp images don’t work (provide link to them).

I also realized the fullscreen button is easily accessible and can be shown. Gonna play with that and see how the user experience is.

@Good-Es

6 Likes

Didn’t get a tag notif just saying

4 Likes

Alright, developing a settings popup for my site now. Most of these pertain to the web explorer, but if you have any other ideas for options, please let me know.

Description of each:

• Dark Mode – the same old
  • x-ray by default – Enables x-ray automatically in the web explorer
  • Disable Rick Rolls – it’s technically the truth.
  • Replace Fullscreen Button – Now that the fullscreen button is there when playing a project, this gives the option to revert it back to the Hopscotch “H” that links to to project.

@Good-Es

13 Likes

This is really cool!

Maybe an unnecessary feature - but maybe you can implement different kinds of option for the loading spinner on the webplayer? It doesn’t necessarily belong in this menu, it’s just something I think would be cool to have.

7 Likes

It does belong in this menu, actually.

This is just a concept using inspect element, not anything functional

Cool idea!

7 Likes

nice gif compression, E

Ok, looks like 1.4.0 projects are starting to show up. This means that it’s time to start upgrading the Web Explorer players. This should be up soon, so if some projects won’t play currently, that is why.

Shouldn’t take too long. I’ll tag back to this post when finished.

Edit: actually finished it like 30 minutes after posting. Shoulda tagged then. But 1.4.x should be good to go :slight_smile:

@Good-Es @TheModders

10 Likes

@Awesome_E want to make a collab account?

5 Likes

Welcome to the Hopscotch Forum!

Nice idea

6 Likes

Shoot why didn’t anyone say anything? 1.4.x was missing the whole time – just fixed it now

Custom piano notes ready to release, but I want a video comparison for the HS Tools site

6 Likes

Ok, I have a video. This compares old sounds to new sounds, which should be an option in my HS Tools homepage now.

Or see the video here:

(also needs some buffering time)

Yes, it works now!

Enable the option, then go try some projects yourself.

@⁣TheModders @Good-Es

@⁣Serenity how does that sound compared to HS notes?
Recording messed with intonation a little, sounds like Pythagorean tuning or something like that but the actual thing sounds better

Thanks @⁣GweTV and @⁣Anonymous for your music :)

11 Likes

(Link at post 1 as per usual)

(individual page)

I added the help “project” to explain more about the web explorer @⁣Petrichor

and I finally updated E’s Picks again…

4 Likes

The new notes don’t work for me

Is there something that happened with the processingjs thing?

3 Likes

Is it just me or does MagmaPop not have a top creator ribbon?

4 Likes

You must have not enabled the option (if you use private mode make sure it’s the same tab as well)

3 Likes