Hopscotch version 3.37.0 official topic

Editing your code just got a little bit more convenient. It’s the little things that matter, but you already knew that!

• There’s no need to be intimidated by the HSB and RGB color blocks because now you can see what color you’ll get. Add one to your code and play with the values to get a preview of what it’ll be.

• And if you’re more advanced, you’ll be pleased to see that the colors keyboard now includes values and math functions as well. No more copy-pasting from other blocks needed!

• While you’re experimenting with colors, why don’t you go ahead and try the nifty new arrows in the keyboard. You can hold down to increase or decrease a value to easily make small tweaks.

• Or if you want another number altogether, try the clear button!

• It’s a little easier to make animations–when you save a drawing to your photos and add it to a new drawing it will stay the same size.

As if that wasn’t enough, we’ve also fixed some bugs for you:

• no more flash of characters when you open the stage.
  • fixed a caching issue so you always get the latest updates to your player right away.
  • an empty c-shaped block will no longer freeze your project.
  • when you press “save and exit” from a draft you’ll go back to the homescreen rather than the new project screen.

Please use this thread to report any questions/comments/bugs. Thank you!

29 Likes

Yay! This is going to be awesome! Is the update out already?

6 Likes

Hey this rocks, thanks a lot Awesomeonion!

6 Likes

Cool! Lots of bad bugs fixed!

6 Likes

Awesome!

6 Likes
4 Likes

Wow :star_struck: that’s awesome, awesomeonion! Thanks for telling (here).

3 Likes

That’s all I needed to hear. Man I love this update!

6 Likes

Woah. Awesomeness as always, great job THT!

7 Likes

Oh wow, I love being able to see the color you want with RGB and HSB! And any color above 19 works with variables!

9 Likes

Is the white screen of doom fixed??? Tan tan tan!!!

7 Likes

Sweet! Thanks for all the new fixes!!

Does this mean no more endless loading screen too?

8 Likes

Somewhat holds true.

Draft player version is still an issue. We still need a webplayer 1.0.4 to render new shapes.

You can do @awesome_e display help or update player for that now :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I still prefer optimized color slots, still looks better :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I think that’s pretty cool too

8 Likes

Found a minor bug @awesomeonion:

If you use math operators in the HSB/RGB slots, it doesn’t change to the actual value and instead is only the first value. It draws right tho

Shows HSB(182,3,100) in preview instead of HSB(182,100,100) lie it should

Still draws the correct HSB (182,100,100) as shown above .
Just the preview’s a bit messed up

9 Likes

Yeah I saw that too.

Not really a bug, just forgot to be accounted for.
It does that because the original spot is the “value”. It should turn back to the default color if there are variables and should run math operators when they’re there

8 Likes

Yeah ik. They should probably fix it and do something like you said

6 Likes

Amazingness: 1000!

Thank you sooooo much awesomeonion! This is crazy!!

4 Likes

Thanks for flagging.

Here’s why we didn’t support this case: You’d use an equation in an HSB/RGB color if you had a variable or trait that could change while the project is running. In that case, it’s impossible for us to know the value, so I just let the color stay the same. There will be some cases where we could figure out the color (such as in your screenshot) but it didn’t seem all that useful so we left it out.

If you have an argument for why this is really useful, please let me know!

9 Likes

I don’t quite understand this bug. @Ana flagged it for me but I had trouble reading through all the threads. If it’s a big problem can you please make a bug report post (and tag @ana)?

8 Likes