Hopscotch should have different scenes without advanced mode

Hey everyone! Do you guys think that hopscotch should still have scenes even if you don’t have advanced mode?

17 Likes

Scenes are still in beta. There’s still a lot of things that still need to be done with scenes, but since the Beta Editor is now Advanced Mode, scenes will always be exclusive to that mode.

13 Likes

I think it’s an interesting discussion to be had, since “Advanced Mode” is designed for people who want to make even more with their Hopscotch projects. Personally, I think it’s a cool thing to have but isn’t strictly necessary as a feature, especially since it doesn’t support transitions.

As for whether it’s something I think should be free, I would probably keep it in advanced until a bigger features replaces that, like multiplayer or something.

11 Likes

Multiplayer would be cool, especially if it includes Cloud Variables.

I understand the difficulty regarding this, and the moderation that would have to be done to projects with this feature (to ensure people don’t use them for chat purposes).

6 Likes

Surprised I didn’t see that big typo. Thanks for the fix, @Awesome_E.

TBH, I blame Autocorrect…

6 Likes

Bump

I like the idea

5 Likes

Me too, a lot of the features in advanced mode are excellent, and I would really like to use them someday, whether I buy the subscription or not

6 Likes

I like the idea because you could load pixel art in another screen then switch to that one and you don’t need to have so many objects in one scene

5 Likes

Oh true, yeah scenes would actually help a lot with pixel art.

4 Likes

Heheheha

Bump

2 Likes

bump

dreams became reality

2 Likes

Bump!

2 Likes

?

2 Likes

This feature has been added in 3.57.0 (New Editor).

@Holiday11 want to clive?

Tagging @t1_hopscotch in case you do.

5 Likes

Where is it?

2 Likes

Ensure you did the following:

Update to 3.57.0

Switch to New Editor under the :gear:

When you open a project or create a new one, you should be greeted with the scene selector. Just add one to get started.

Note: the icon is not there in the new editor, instead it’s on the other end of the canvas. And in the new editor, the game will start in the scene you’re editing in, instead of the first scene. If you want to play from the beginning, simply go to the scene editor.

Proof that scenes are released to everyone:

Second Note: this only works in the New Editor. Advanced Mode is still required for the Classic Editor (which may be removed once the New Editor has been optimized and everyone is satisfied with it).

4 Likes

I just got it to work.
Thanks

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.