Hopscotch’s Quarterly Roadmap 2021

t1, do you know if this will be 1.5.x or 1.6?

Also, do you know if the intention is for those parametric abilities (still being containers) to have similar entry & exit frame delays as current abilities? ( I think it would be amazing if preceding, internal, and succeeding blocks would all execute continuously, intraframe when the adjacent chain of blocks don’t require a screen refresh (e.g., Set blocks) )

5 Likes

Yep, the next main update will be in player version 1.6.

Unfortunately I’m not sure on the entry and exit frame delays for abilities with parameters, though I think they would probably be the same as current abilities upon release. I do know your other suggestion, for Containers (entrance & exit) that don’t delay until next frame, is on the list.

6 Likes

Yeah, most devs don’t specify the date of release, as otherwise it could cause the community to get too excited. And then the next thing they know, the feature ends up postponed due to complications. An exception would be when they know the upcoming feature is nearly ready for public release.

I’m not too worried about it. I can always wait.

2 Likes

Just wondering, will the custom abilities/rules with parameters be an upgrade to the current custom abilities/rules, or will they be their own separate container? I mean, either way, the player will still most likely need to manually update their project to the latest player to use them, but it would still be good to know.

2 Likes

Oh yep they will be an upgrade to custom abilities/rules, not their own separate container — so yeah the player version and editor version would need to be updated.

1 Like

Ok.

I am still wondering about one last thing (regarding how parameters work and how they substitute into the code within the ability/custom rule), but I’ll just wait to try it for myself.

1 Like

Oh they are mainly just like local variables whose value is set by the custom ability. They will appear in the local variables keyboard inside the custom ability.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the info. And since the preset “Bounce” Custom Rule already uses Local Variables, it’ll be the perfect example.

Sure, it’ll be a few weeks, but it’ll all be totally worth it.

1 Like