Hopscotch’s Quarterly Roadmap 2021

Oh, cool!

3 Likes

Ooh finally! json next?

3 Likes

I’m as pleased as you are.

As for JSON (JavaScript Object Notation), you can edit that in AE’s Project Builder, I believe, Although it is much harder to understand than drag n’ drop block coding.

3 Likes

No i mean variables holding json

3 Likes

Congratulations, you managed to blow my brain up /j /lh

Well, there will be variables that can store different data types such as sounds, strings, or colors (like HSB(315,100,20) / rgb(17,57,254), note these are not the same color) eventually as well.

2 Likes

Yeah but json would be cool

2 Likes

True, but it would legit confuse us all… except for Awesome_E and the thousands of other people (mainly licensed professionals) who understand JavaScript and JSON.

2 Likes

Smart mode? And why on earth can i send a pm?

2 Likes

You can’t, the button does nothing, btw.

2 Likes

it’ll open it up but you wont actually be able to send anything

2 Likes

Hmm… shouldn’t that be removed then?

2 Likes

This shall be great thanks @Yuanyuan

2 Likes

that’s a discourse feature that we cant really change and its fine since nothing actually goes through, but i can look into it at some point

3 Likes

Variables can already hold JSON data. It’s just a string of text.

This is prettified JSON (just to make it more human readable) that I just made up as an example:

{
“AppName”: “Hopscotch”,
“AppStoreInfo”: {
“Rating”: 4.5,
“Age”: “4+”,
“Category”: “Education”,
},
“ForumUsers”: [
{
“Type”: “Regular”,
“Name”: “DogIcing”
},
{
“Type”: “Leader”,
“Name”: “FearlessPheonix”
}
],
“Bugs”: null
}

You could cut & paste this into a Set Variable block (with or without all the extra carriage returns & spaces).

What you can’t easily do in HS is to “parse” (basically, read) this text into a object type that you could interact with in your HS code.

Extra

JSON could actually be parsed but you’d have to do it manually & then create a pseudo data structure to hold the information. I think it’d be interesting if someone tried that :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes the parsing is a problem. Maybe i’ll try :eyes:

1 Like

are there going to be more of these quarterly roadmaps or is this a one-off thing/ something else? :]

7 Likes

Is this here? I forgot to upload a project and some of my progress was deleted :frowning:

1 Like

oof, atm you need to remember what did you code in the last version and add the missing codes

if version control is here, Yuanyuan’d make an announcement.

plus, version control only works when it’s updated to hs’ cloud

2 Likes

Oh ok thanks

1 Like

Just curious to know how the development of these upcoming features are coming/doing.

6 Likes