Hopscotch’s Quarterly Roadmap 2021

And it’s still September for another 2 weeks

4 Likes

I just like fully understood this

WE NEED THIS

1 Like

You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this

4 Likes

This would probably be discussed later on when we get our hands on the project. I will ask the team and get back to you!

7 Likes

Ok… Take your time

1 Like

We’re still planning on design details at the moment. We will probably know more as we get closer to the time.

10 Likes

Any news on this? It’s getting towards the end of September. I know things take time, and I’m not trying to be impatient here. I’m just a little curious, that’s all.

3 Likes

Omg!!! Thanks!!! I keep accidentally deleting code this will be awesome!!!

1 Like

They’ve been super super busy on this feature. As far as I know, they’re hoping to make the edge and release in the last week of September since they’ve had some time off, though it could also roll into early October.

4 Likes

Ok, good to know.

~ CR☆SBYMAN64

2 Likes

i have to say, i love the idea of a quarterly roadmap! sure, some of the surprise was neat, but having a rough idea of what’s coming out is awesome, and i’m loving all the stuff that’s coming out so far!

6 Likes

Nice! This would be really helpful!

5 Likes

Update on Local Variable: We’re taking longer than planned to sort out some of the details for local variables.

In the meantime, we’re making good progress on Version Control on the admin side, so that should be ready soon.

15 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fall 2021 Hopscotch Seed Developer Program Application is Live!

UNDO BUTTON YAY!!! Hopscotch is evolving! This is un-bee-levable

6 Likes

1. Local Variables (September 2021)
a. The ability to create a variable and define a local ‘scope’ for it. This means that it will be usable only for specific blocks of code that you define.
b. Example: Say you wanted to make a bunch of variables, but each one was only needed for one function. Instead of cluttering up your variables menu with a ton of global variables, you could make one local variable per function - and that variable would be the only one that showed up in your ‘Local’ variables menu when you were editing that function/specific object.

2. Version Control (October 2021)
a. This is an admin feature that will allow us to recover all the versions of your drafts so that if you accidentally lose your work, you can reach out to us to recover your progress
b. Example: Oh no, Hopscotch is giving you a Womp message, and it looks like your past two hours worth of work is gone! You can reach out to us via email, and we’d be able to recover your draft versions.

3. Undo/Redo button (October 2021)
a. If you accidentally moved your object in stage or deleted a function by mistake, the undo/redo will help you to recover steps while you’re coding – similar to the undo/redo button in the drawing function.

4. Sharing packaged code (End of October – Start of November 2021)
a. This will allow you to share snippets of your code to the community, and it will also allow you to load someone else’s packaged code so that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel

3 Likes

no it’s not done yet

4 Likes

Local Variables have been delayed, so it’ll probably not get here until Late October.

3 Likes

I just checked the official roadmap. Local Variables are in progress. I also noticed that “arrays” have officially been added to the list as well. I’m getting way too excited…

3 Likes

Familiarizing the team with “data strings” over the summer may or may not have had a part in that addition lol

4 Likes