Hopscotch’s Quarterly Roadmap 2021

I have to say these features will definitely benefit the future of Hopscotch. I’ll be interested to know what features will be added in November to Late December later on, but for now, I’ll patiently wait on these features and worry about the other items of the roadmap some other time.

Creativity Truly Has No Limits!

2 Likes

Oooh very exciting. Especially the last one. This will be really awesome.

3 Likes

This is something that I’m really excited for! and I don’t want to reinvent the wheel again
I’m hoping that this will let us make more modular systems that can help introduce less experienced users to more fun concepts without boring them over long tutorials. Plus, I plan to make a set of tools or modular code snippets so users can have a base to code off of. :D

8 Likes

Does this mean parts of code can set to not be not viewable or visible? Or is it like github gist?

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Ooh nice. So is it like a project but you can’t play it or is it like a seperate tab in explore?

1 Like

To the best of my understanding, I think it’s going to be pieces of code that can be shared with other people. So it wouldn’t be a whole project, but more like a function within that project (maybe the code for a joystick for example). Like the ‘Custom Rules,’ but that can be used in different projects, not just the one it was created in.

If you’ve ever used Scratch, theres a ‘backpack’ function where you can place code inside of it, and then when you make a new project, you can pull the code out of it. I’m thinking it will be similar to this, but with code shared by the community.

If someone else understood differently, let me know (:

3 Likes

Ok. But I mean will snippets be only accessible from a link or will they be on your profile under published or will there be a tab?

3 Likes

I’m not sure! It doesn’t say, but I think that either option would be great and have it’s own benefits. We’ll have to wait and find out!

3 Likes

Something more like this (with tabs) would be cool

@Rodrigo Hit me Up!

2 Likes

What undo redo button?

4 Likes

Basically an undo and redo button that will work correctly and actually undo or redo changes you make to your code.

That includes undoing block deletions, moving it around, etc.

8 Likes

So exiting! Especially the last one. I’m looking forward to these updates!

2 Likes

It’s just like undo/redo on most programs. It will also make life a lot easier since we won’t have to recode literally everything due to one tiny mistake.

Let’s say you accidentally deleted some code.

by using Undo you can could that exact code back, and pressing redo will delete that code again (because it is undoing the undoing, if you know what I mean).

Also, a lot of mobiles apps use a image of an curved arrow point left or right to indicate UNDO and REDO respectively.

3 Likes

What would that mean?

1 Like

Dunno what ur talking about lol

Well I do not have an answer

1 Like

Good day to you @Yuanyuan

3 Likes

It’s times like these I need an undo button :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hmmm, it’s September now :thinking:

3 Likes