Hopscotch Reviews

Hopscotch Reviews

So you’re probably wondering what this is.
That’s for me to know and you to find out
Well, this is a project I’m making outside of hopscotch using codepen. It’s basically a place where positive project reviews are “posted” and you can view all the reviews

What does this have to do with me?

Well, you can create your own reviews that I will add on to the page:)
A few guidelines though:
Stay positive: Negative reviews aren’t appreciated, there’s no reason to give a bad review. Of course constructive critics is nice, but still try keeping it on the positive side:)
Provide links: It’s hard to find a project if I don’t even know the username of the creator! Some extremely helpful resources would be links and credits—though I can find credits myself, they’d still be helpful.
Most length reviews are fine: But, they should be preferably around a paragraph, maybe a little longer. Also a rating should be given on a scale of 1-10–though if it’s a 1 out of 10 I don’t really see why it would be on there so I’m assuming more ratings will be in the 6-10 range
Please, give feedback on the project: I’m always looking to make it better, so feedback is encouraged!
If you do not see your review up there: Then either I haven’t had time to add it up, or there was some things said that could’ve been offensive. Remember, we’re trying to make people’s days by reviews, not break them;)

Here is a form to follow for making a review (not necessary, just outlining the requirements)
Project name:
Project link:
Review of project:
Star rating out of 10:
Do you want to have your username on the review?

The Categories

There are 4 categories that each are a different, well, category. Here’s a quick explanation to them:

Top Reviews

These are the top reviews—like the featured page of hopscotch. I’ll post a poll about every 2 weeks or so to get a new top review up.

Game Reviews

This is page that has games that were reviewed, simple as that.

Art Reviews

This includes stuff such as drawing pads, pixel art, actual art and music because that’s also a type of art.

Other Reviews

This has reviews not covered by the games and art categories and are not in top reviews. Some topics in this category are 3D projects, simulators, choose your own adventures, and competition winners among other things.

Note:

I have yet to make this look good on smaller devices like iPhone and portrait mode on iPad. If someone could help test it with iPhone that’d be great.

Double note:

It looks absolutely horrific on smaller devices. Like really really bad.

Where is this project?

Here is the link:

Hopscotch Reviews

Oh yeah, one last thing: I am still a noob at coding (only know some css, JavaScript, and a hair of html) so there are probably way easier ways to get the same results—if you know one, please don’t be afraid to tell me, I’m always willing to learn.

17 Likes

This was the surprise? Called it lol.
Cool! Maybe people could ask others to review their project?

5 Likes

This is a great idea!

2 Likes

Great idea!

When I click on the link, it says the webpage is down or might have been moved. Might be my device idk

2 Likes

Oh wait it works now

2 Likes

Also just so you know, I can open Editor View and edit stuff, so if it changes it for other viewers, then you should probably try to fix that.
(Does anyone else see the Ninja Pixel Art titled “haiii Pixel Art”?)

1 Like

It just says “Ninja Pixel Art” for me

2 Likes

Oh good. Then it didn’t change on your end.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking about

Hopefully no one willreviewmymashupsbecausetheyaremediocre

Well, since there is no music category I think I should be good lol

3 Likes

Everything is quiet squashed together and are overlapping each other

2 Likes

View art reviews lol

2 Likes

Yea, it needs a bit of work @Nobody

2 Likes

Oh my
That looks worse then I imagined lol

3 Likes

OwO

2 Likes

This is a great idea!

3 Likes

…maybe you should have a Choose Your Device option or a device detector

1 Like

That’s pretty cool!

Tip: use “←” in the back button by replacing “<–” with &ShortLeftArrow;

@tankt2016 your changes the would only be temporary.

4 Likes

Interesting, thanks

@tankt2016 there’s a way to do that which I’m doing soon…

3 Likes

I don’t really understand how you actually write a review

3 Likes