Hopscotch Puzzle Competition - Brainstorming Topic

The Official Stump Me Topic

What is a Stump Me? - A Stump Me is a puzzle that has to do with the Hopscotch App, the Forum, or any challenging puzzle that allows you to think outside of the box to solve it. Anyone can create a Stump Me, however, they must be possible (or already completed by the creator). An example Stump Me: What is the Most Liked Post on the Forum, or What is the Most Liked Post on the Hopscotch App)

The Goal of This Topic - This Topic was made for people to safely create, solve, and discuss Stump Me’s. You are allowed to: Discuss Stump Me’s, Solve Stump Me’s with other users, Work and Collaborate on Creating Stump Me’s, etc. This is a very flexible topic (Experimenting with HTML and Discourse capabilities are very welcome!). This topic is a stress free topic, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of the Stump Me Leaders. Thank you!

Solving a Stump Me - All of the Official Stump Me’s are located in the post below. Every Stump Me has been tested and has a solution. Have fun! If you think you have solved a Stump Me, tag one of the Stump Me Leaders and put your solution in a folder. If a Stump Me Leaders sees that you have solved it, your name will be added next to the stump me under solvers. (If a Stump Me is too hard, you can ask for help or collaborate with other users. Don’t share your solution or give hints to users, all hints should be in a folder, as some users may want to solve the puzzle and figure out the solution for themselves.)

Creating a Stump Me - Would you like to create a stump me? Awesome! This topic was also made for the purpose of trying put html and forum based Stump Me’s. When you have created a Stump Me, tag one of the Stump Me Leader’s and put your Stump Me in a folder.

Stump Me Leaders - @Petrichor, @Awesome_E, @JonnyGamer

Have fun!

13 Likes

Stump Me!

Tons of New Stump Me’s will be added Weekly. I have created a few right now and will be working in this topic to create more and organize them with the other Stump Me Leaders. If you would like to be notified weekly, tag me and I’ll put you on the Stump Me Tag List (Or I could have a tag group created).

Hopscotch-Related Stump Me’s

What is the Most Liked Project in the Hopscotch App?
The Stump Me will focus more on Hopscotch-based puzzles. Let’s do a lot of these!

Forum-Related Stump Me’s

What is the Most Liked Post on the Forum?

General Stump Me’s

currently none..

Stump Me Tag List

@JonnyGamer
@Petrichor
@Awesome_E
@FearlessPhoenix
@GweTV
@CoderOfMagic
@Apricity

9 Likes

This is really cool n I’m probably gonna be here often bc of that.
I’ll also join the taglist if possible

Cept its kinda like a forum game and those aren’t really allowed. but make sure it stays related to this stuff and you should be good k?

6 Likes

Isn’t the most liked post the one by you? And isn’t the most liked project Kalidecosmos?

4 Likes

Yeah, thank you! Sounds good, absolutely

3 Likes

Awesome! That is correct. I’ll be adding more to the list!

I wonder what the second most liked forum post and Hopscotch project is? I’ll have to research it

4 Likes

Oh yes, and also I’ll add you to the tag list, thank you so much!

2 Likes

Lol no prob :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds dank (memes)

I am in!

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!
I will add you to the tag list!

3 Likes

No problem m8 :))

2 Likes

Hey, in no way do I want to burst your bubble, but I see two concerns with this… first, it is a forum game.

But more concerning is that it could cause people to feel poorly because it puts the focus on “the best” this or that. Some people don’t care, but this forum does have an audience of younger users who may not share your maturity.

Does that make sense?

7 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how Petrichor was able to cast a pol in a @ poll thing, here I’ll show you:
(this one will be added to the stump me challenge)

0 voters

5 Likes

I might do this!

1 Like

What do you mean by “the best”?

Did you mean the best by the first to questions that I had (because those were only examples, many other questions will be unrelated), or the competition aspect where I’ll put the solvers (which I probably not do, that could be too much work for me)

6 Likes

Idk m8 :man_shrugging:

The focus of the forum isn’t the forum. It’s the app, promotion of code and advancing the development of code within the app and the encouragement of overall education in programming. You’re going to have to sell this one very carefully… cuz I’m not seeing it right now. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::smirk:

8 Likes

@Awesome_E, we need you to explain stump-me’s ASAP :open_mouth:

3 Likes

If I may interject?
I believe that jJazz isn’t sold on the topic, not the overall idea of stumpmes on like the GDT or smth. I’d say she’s just questioning the validity of this topic and needs to be sold on that

7 Likes

Oh, I see what you mean.
I can promote Hopscotch App-based puzzles with coding problems and etc. instead of centering around Forum based puzzles. That makes sense.

4 Likes