Hopscotch Project Information Shortcut

Hi! Today, I wanted to share a cool shortcut I made that I think can improve bug reports and cases where sharing extended information about a project would help.

This shortcut runs the same way as @Awesome_E’s Hopscotch JSON shortcut (in the Shortcuts app), and it takes the URL to a project and creates a report with some extended project information such as the player version and how many objects it has. You can get the shortcut here.

At this moment, I just wanted to share the preview version and get this shortcut out. I will provide more detailed documentation and instructions and also finalize some features in the upcoming days.

However, the shortcut already has enough instructions for you to be able to understand how it works and use it.

An example report can be found in the first post in this topic.

13 Likes

Example report generated by the shortcut:

Current example
Extended project information

Extended Bug Report/project information generated by @William04GamerA’s Hopscotch ProjectInfo Shortcut

General information about what this is

This is a report that contains useful information extracted from the project that is affected’s JSON file. This information can be used by both the community and by THT to make it easier to debug problems in some cases.

This report was generated by the Hopscotch ProjectInformation Shortcut made by @William04GamerA

Project information

General project information

Project name: Hopscotch Logo - Trail Art
Project ID: 10nt24ymjy
Project Link
Project JSON Link

Amount of rules: 36
Amount of characters: 4
Stage size: 1024x768
Last edited at:
Version: 31
Player version: 1.3.4
Base object scale: 1
Font size: 80
Creator username: William04GamerA
Requires beta editor: 0
Shortcut version (not related to the project): v1.0

About the user’s device

System version: 13.1
Device model: iPad
Screen dimensions: 810x1080

Older versions

Extended Bug Report/project information generated by @William04GamerA’s Hopscotch ProjectInfo Shortcut

This is a report that contains useful information extracted from the project that is affected’s JSON file. This information can be used by both the community and by THT to make it easier to debug problems in some cases.

This report was generated by the Hopscotch ProjectInformation Shortcut made by @William04GamerA

Project information
Amount of rules: 37
Amount of characters: 5
Last edited at: 2019-12-27T15:24:55Z
Player version: 1.3.4
Creator username: William04GamerA
Shortcut version (not related to the project): v1.0 preview

About the user’s device

System version: 13.1

6 Likes

This will make it a lot easier to get info about the users device and stuff like that

Test

Project information
Amount of rules: 178
Amount of characters: 11
Last edited at: 2019-12-28T19:01:30Z
Player version: 1.3.1
Creator username: SportyGeographer
No
Shortcut version (not related to the project): v1.0 preview

About the user’s device

System version: 13.3

5 Likes

Sweet. I’ll download it asap!

5 Likes

That was my intention, so I am happy that you thought that as well! It requires nothing from the user other than a project URL and the Shortcuts app, which in some cases even is pre-installed (it was that on my iPad at least)

This single line is one of the things that will be fixed and added in the stable version 1.0 - as you can see, it shouldn’t just say “No”.

Cool, thanks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wow! This is AWESOME!!!

6 Likes

This is awesome Will!!

6 Likes

Version 1.0 released!

This is the first stable version of the shortcut, and it is provides more than enough information about a project. Here are all the features:

• Gets information about any published Hopscotch project to help with bug reports or other cases where detailed project and device information is required
  • Runs from the share sheet (so it can be run inside Hopscotch!) or from the shortcuts app
  • Does not require reading any files from the user - no risk of breaking anything

Changes since version 1.0 preview:

• Added the option to choose if you want to include project details (link, ID and JSON link) or not.
  • Added more device information: screen size and model
  • Added the ability to run the shortcut directly from the share sheet
  • Added the option to continue to Hopscotch, DiscourseHub, or the forum after the shortcut has been run.

Download link: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/ca288e29343f4c8884b99cace55d0b0e

11 Likes

This is a really cool idea uses it for no good Lol but seriously this is going to be really useful both for people using it normally and for people who want to make JSON editing tools.

8 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How were you able to share the shortcut? It’s awesome, btw.

3 Likes

If you mean on the hs forum idk. If you mean get the share link, you click and hold on the … in the menu when you first open shortcuts then press ‘share’ and press the copy link button.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to add the number of blocks total in the project?
I feel like it would be helpful to get a better scale of how large the project is

3 Likes

Possibly. It will be a little more complicated than the other “count numbers”, because I have to loop through all the blocks myself. I will try though!

2 Likes

Thanks! Here is a tutorial on how to share a shortcut:

4 Likes

Ok, you don’t have to if you don’t want to, just an idea:)

3 Likes

That would be an awesome feature, so I will do my best to add it!

2 Likes

Nice job @William04GamerA

I probably won’t use it since I can read the formatted JSON pretty easily, but I can see this being super useful for a lot of people :)

Oh wait I can’t even use it since I’m on iOS11&12.

I believe you might want to include webplayer characteristics with this as well – what bugs are in the player or how the project will run in general. Tag me for info on those if you’re interested.

Something pretty similar, partially inspired by your shortcut on this.

Web Explorer + iOS + physical keyboard ➙ :D

@Shadow_Spider William04GamerA got iPadOS now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Is it because the shortcut was created on iPad OS? Because I think it should work with older versions too…

Yes, that would be awesome! If you can provide me with some information on that, I would appreciate it a lot!

That is super cool as well! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, but there is this tool I found that allows me to convert it back to ios11/12, but even after that it needs modding; dunno if that is what I want to be doing.

But either way, nice job making it.

Ok sound cool, thing is I’m actually not too sure of a couple things myself so that might take some time, but yeah.

Thanks

4 Likes