Hopscotch not opening on iPad with iOS 9 [OPEN]

Continuing the discussion from Can't open Hopscotch:

Device: iPad 2

After updating, I went to use Hopscotch when it failed to open. I have about half the storage space left, and it worked fine prior to the update. My iPad is up to date as well.

@Ana (idk who to tag, sorry)
@omtl (idk if you got tagged by this or not, sorry)

12 Likes

To be honest I think this could have stayed in the other topic, but this isn’t a good thing. It could be your device is too old possibly?

6 Likes

I tried opening the app today and yesterday, but it just wouldn’t open. The last time I used it was the 20th of November, or 3 days ago. Has this been happening to anyone else? Also, how can I get the app to open?

I also tried deleting it and re-downloading Hopscotch and restarting my iPad and it still doesn’t work.
@omtl (Idk who to tag for this issue, sorry)

12 Likes

A device name might be helpful

4 Likes

I’m unsure of the iPad version, sorry.
Are there general methods for solving this issue however?

4 Likes

They’ll probably need your iPad type.

Go to settings / general / about / model and tell me the string.

4 Likes

It says MC769LL/A

3 Likes

Yup that’s as I expected. iPad 2, very old device. most likely running on iOS 9.

There’s a lot of issues with that device already. Fear also has many issues as well, so idk. You should discuss something with @FearlessPhoenix to show that you’re not the only one going through this and that users on this version of iOS do matter.

5 Likes

What do you suggest I do to resolve the issue as of now?

4 Likes

I don’t think you can. If your storage is near full, that can be a cause. Try clearing some storage and maybe a reboot and see if that does anything at all.

5 Likes

Alright, thanks. I’ll see how it works then.

5 Likes

Uh, after removing some apps and restarting it, Hopscotch didn’t load.
If it helps, it says it updated on the 21st, which was when I first noticed the issue.
I have about half the storage left on my iPad as well.

4 Likes

Yeah I knew it was the update, but did not know if there were other factors. Go ahead and email THT with a bug report or create a topic. I recommend email because they are probably more likely to take emails slightly more serious.

2 Likes

I made the topic, anyone specific I should tag?

2 Likes

hey, please remember not to tag the omtl more than once per topic :slightly_smiling_face:

if you fill out a bug report and keep this topic in the bugs category, awesomeonion will look at it when she comes on periodically to check progress. e is also a very helpful resource!

actual bug report form to fill out (it should have showed up in the post draft when you made this topic; if not we can fix that):

4 Likes

I merged the other topic to this one (duplicate). Not sure if it actually tagged anyone but I’m assuming it did

7 Likes

yep, I got the tag. noticed the second topic after I check newest :sweat_smile:

either way, it never hurts to have a refresher on omtl rules, including what topics are appropriate to tag

9 Likes

If I were to take a guess, this is probably because they used some Apple API in the update that your OS version doesn’t support. causing it to error and crash. Anyways, I hope this bug gets fixed.

5 Likes

I would not say API (those are typically to get data from a server) but otherwise that’s probably it. There have been issues with rendering shapes as well plus some minor things

4 Likes

Your username: MewtwoCreator

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 2

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was trying to open Hopscotch and then it opened then crashed before loading

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Update? (It started to not open after updating)
  2. Try to open the app
    ….

I expected this to happen: Hopscotch to open

But instead this happened: The app did not open

Here’s a sweet screenshot: Cant, because I cannot get it to open at all

Like this?

Anyways, as of now I cannot get on Hopscotch due to this issue, so I also hope this gets fixed.

3 Likes