Hopscotch not opening on iPad with iOS 9 [Closed]

Continuing the discussion from Can't open Hopscotch:

Device: iPad 2

After updating, I went to use Hopscotch when it failed to open. I have about half the storage space left, and it worked fine prior to the update. My iPad is up to date as well.

Ana (idk who to tag, sorry)
omtl (idk if you got tagged by this or not, sorry)

13 Likes

To be honest I think this could have stayed in the other topic, but this isn’t a good thing. It could be your device is too old possibly?

6 Likes

I tried opening the app today and yesterday, but it just wouldn’t open. The last time I used it was the 20th of November, or 3 days ago. Has this been happening to anyone else? Also, how can I get the app to open?

I also tried deleting it and re-downloading Hopscotch and restarting my iPad and it still doesn’t work.
@omtl (Idk who to tag for this issue, sorry)

12 Likes

A device name might be helpful

4 Likes

I’m unsure of the iPad version, sorry.
Are there general methods for solving this issue however?

4 Likes

They’ll probably need your iPad type.

Go to settings / general / about / model and tell me the string.

4 Likes

It says MC769LL/A

3 Likes

Yup that’s as I expected. iPad 2, very old device. most likely running on iOS 9.

There’s a lot of issues with that device already. Fear also has many issues as well, so idk. You should discuss something with @FearlessPhoenix to show that you’re not the only one going through this and that users on this version of iOS do matter.

5 Likes

What do you suggest I do to resolve the issue as of now?

4 Likes

I don’t think you can. If your storage is near full, that can be a cause. Try clearing some storage and maybe a reboot and see if that does anything at all.

5 Likes

Alright, thanks. I’ll see how it works then.

5 Likes

Uh, after removing some apps and restarting it, Hopscotch didn’t load.
If it helps, it says it updated on the 21st, which was when I first noticed the issue.
I have about half the storage left on my iPad as well.

4 Likes

Yeah I knew it was the update, but did not know if there were other factors. Go ahead and email THT with a bug report or create a topic. I recommend email because they are probably more likely to take emails slightly more serious.

2 Likes

I made the topic, anyone specific I should tag?

2 Likes

hey, please remember not to tag the omtl more than once per topic :slightly_smiling_face:

if you fill out a bug report and keep this topic in the bugs category, awesomeonion will look at it when she comes on periodically to check progress. e is also a very helpful resource!

actual bug report form to fill out (it should have showed up in the post draft when you made this topic; if not we can fix that):

4 Likes

I merged the other topic to this one (duplicate). Not sure if it actually tagged anyone but I’m assuming it did

7 Likes

yep, I got the tag. noticed the second topic after I check newest :sweat_smile:

either way, it never hurts to have a refresher on omtl rules, including what topics are appropriate to tag

9 Likes

If I were to take a guess, this is probably because they used some Apple API in the update that your OS version doesn’t support. causing it to error and crash. Anyways, I hope this bug gets fixed.

5 Likes

I would not say API (those are typically to get data from a server) but otherwise that’s probably it. There have been issues with rendering shapes as well plus some minor things

4 Likes

Your username: MewtwoCreator

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 2

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was trying to open Hopscotch and then it opened then crashed before loading

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Update? (It started to not open after updating)
  2. Try to open the app
    ….

I expected this to happen: Hopscotch to open

But instead this happened: The app did not open

Here’s a sweet screenshot: Cant, because I cannot get it to open at all

Like this?

Anyways, as of now I cannot get on Hopscotch due to this issue, so I also hope this gets fixed.

3 Likes