Hopscotch News (Need Managers, Reporters, Anchors, Writers, Advertisers)

@HopscotchRemixer , do we make a topic for interviewing, or just ask around?

@HopscotchRemixer what do I do once I have gotten an ad? I made a topic for the ads, but I don’t know what to do when I get ads…

Just ask around…probably just ask people in their GT’s

I think I am going to make a template for the upcoming newspaper coming out on Sunday.

Is it a hopsoctch collab? I can’t do it then if it is…

Okay cool. Will that be on Hopscotch?

No we will release it on the forum.

Ok thanks @NindroidGames I will add you.

What do we do with the interviewed questions? Do we turn it to you? One more thing: How many people do we interview?

Hopscotch News 11/26/17
Hello this is our first newspaper! They should come out every week on a Sunday. If you want an ad in our paper talk to @Kitkat26

Currently Featured:

This is a fun and simple tower defense game.

A fun game where you have to cover the sun with the moon. You control the moon. Whenever you cover the sun you get points. (@Awesome_E)

You drag a turkey around and you try to dodge the utensils. You have three lives and try to survive as long as possible.

Another awesome game made by SuperMarioMiniGames (@JonnyGamer)

Interview With @hyperactive_fox

By @yaygirls

How long have you been on Hopscotch(and the forum)? Why did you stay on?
I’ve been on Hopscotch since sometime in 2014. Forum, I came in Summer 2016 for a week or two on a different account, then I got this one in May. Hopscotch is just addicting for me, and more so the forum. It took me away from coding.

Do you think there’s a bridge between coding and drawing? Which one do you prefer?
Yes, as all art pads have to be coded, and most artists at some point in time make their own. I personally code more, because I su.ck at drawing.

What do you like most about Hopscotch? What could be improved? Hopscotch has an amazing community. But I think it used to be for younger kids. Maybe moderate it more? The coding part is pretty good.
Here you are! Thanks for interviewing me!

Interview with @TheMasterOfAirjitzu

By @NindroidGames

Who the heck are you? I am TheMasterOfAirjitzu.
What do you do on Hopscotch? Stuff
What do your cookies taste like? I have never made cookie sandwiches in my life.
What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Being a magical, fluffy unicorn.
What isn’t that mysterious project you’re working on? It isn’t a potato.
You made a wonderful Christmas game last year. Have you made one this year? If so, when will you publish it? I have. About a year after I published the last one.
Why haven’t you changed your profile background in almost a year? You shall see. In about a year.
Who are Rey’s parents? I have no idea.
What is the temperature of your shoes?

Interview with @PinkCupcake8

By: @Autumn_Leaves **How long have you been on hopscotch? The forum?** I’ve been Hopscotching since July 2015 on my old account, which I’ve renamed ORW2, and I’ve been on the forum since September this year, though I’ve been watching without an account for much longer <:

Do you prefer drawing or coding? Why? I enjoy them both equally, as I like to use both the left and right side of my brain, and because they’re both fun •v•

Who is/was your inspiration to start drawing? To start coding? StargirlStudios was my inspiration to start drawing a lot, and @OrangeScent1 was my inspiration to really work hard and try anime style c:

How did you find Hopscotch? the principal of my old school suggested a bunch of coding apps to my dad, and Hopscotch was one of them ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ"

Do you have any tips for aspiring artists on hopscotch? KEEP GOING!! even if it seems like you’ll never be “as good” as someone else, know that your art is and will be amazing and unique in your own way ╰(´︶`)╯♡

If you could change one thing on Hopscotch or the forum, what would you change? Why? I would stop all the bull<hi:ying, haters, and try to Hopscotch and the forum the best places I could.

Coding Column:
Featured on Hopscotch

Almost every time you enter Hopscotch, there are new projects on featured. But what exactly makes a project feature- worthy?

On the nominations for featured topic, one can nominate a project for featured. Not every project will make it though.

When you enter the code of a project on featured, you can see how much work a person put into that project. It’s filled with Sine and Cosine, variables, clone index, and a lot more stuff that’s probably incredibly hard to use. People work hard on their projects, and that shows.

Our reporter @Kayro , talks to people who have been on featured.

@Awesome_E (current featured coder)
“Being on featured feels great! Everyone gets to see your project because all the other tabs are forgotten about, and like HopscotchRemixer said, work hard on it. Take my E-Pad and Minigames for example. Those took me something like 2 months to make (only to get laggy thanks to recent webplayer updates).“

She also spoke to @NindroidGames:

(former featured coder) he said that the forum has way newer porgjects (spelled that way!) than before and that some advice to coders wanting to be on featured to be a magical unicorn? And umm that being featured is just… meh, normal.

Also, our newspaper creator, @HopscotchRemixer, has also been on featured.

By working hard, and trying and trying again, people have made it onto featured. You could too!

~By @Autumn_Leaves

**General Page:
This is the part of the newspaper where the whole community can be apart of this newspaper. We would like to know what you like the most about Hopscotch, and how it could be improved.
Rate Hopscotch:

0 voters

slight_smile: __
Art Page:
Featured Art Of The Week:

This is some amazing Splatoon fan art and OCs made by @Fluffymarshmellow

Ad Page:
@Panthera: Science Club :alembic:

• Want to code a bunch of sciencey and math projects that will help others learn? Or show off your knowledge of math and science in awesome, somewhat advanced projects?
    No coding experience required, and the only rule is no chatting! Sign up on Science club! :alembic:️ to join!

@HopedHoper: Hoplympics

• The Hoplympics Finishes TODAY!?? (AKA the 26th) Well it is certain it is tough! U.K VS U.S.A VS Australia VS Germany! Lollypopcorn and Mr.Gam3r are judging but who will win? You will find out on 30th November 2017! The category’s for the 2nd biggest competition of 2017 for hopscotch are Pixel Art, Trail Art, Game, Background and Sin & Cos! Good luck to all competitors!

@Mr.rex- MR Studios Collab

• Make sure to follow the MR studios Collab to see projects made by me, Matt, and my OCs! Whether it’s a game I make or Rex’s wait 10 seconds you win game (sigh) or Aran’s emoji tapper game, lots of new projects and character development for my OCs!

@AwesomeJediE- “Songwriter” game testers

• I’m developing a project called “Songwriter” and I need some Alpha testers and Beta developers. My Alpha version of the game is currently out on my Jedi4Jesus Hopscotch profile.
    What Alpha Testers need to do: Look and play the game and comment if there are any bugs.
    What Beta Developers need to do: Give ideas on ways I can improve and ideas on things to add, or even offering to add on to the game by remixing.
    Check out this topic for more info: “Songwriter” Game Topic >>ALPHA IS OUT! :D, and I hope to see you all soon.

Ok everyone put your stuff in here my this Sunday so we can post it.

Ok, I’ll find a few people to interview.

Ok that will be great remember to put them in the paper which is on global edit above.

I’ve already interviewed @sophia71205 , @photographer123 , @William04GamerA , and @hyperactive_fox .

@Kitkat26 remember to put the ads in the paper that is your job too.

Ok put the interviews in the paper. It is on global edit.

@yaygirls remember to put who you interviewed.

Also seperate the times you talk and when the person you are interviewing talks
Me: How long have you been on Hopscotch:
Person you are interviewing: I have been Hopscotching for 2 years

Got it. I will do it now.

I am excited for this, could you tag me when a new newspaper is published? Maybe you could make a tag list for that?