Hopscotch MIDI Hack Tool

glutenlike

2 Likes

@THSMC, just look at this, if you haven’t yet. This will be one of the prizes!

2 Likes

i was looking everywhere for this…
n i c e
that we are number one song, though…
:o

1 Like

i’ve tried it, but it didn’t work. i tried putting in the song from the world’s hardest game, but when i put in the code, the project turned empty… i’m using the latest version of hopscotch. when i looked in the json_projects file, the code was all smushed together, without any enter keys used.

1 Like

If the project’s JSON isn’t blank, but you get nothing but a white screen when played that most likely means the JSON isn’t recognized by the player. One of your changes might have not been formatted correctly.

The JSON is “all smushed together” to reduce the size of the file. A computer doesn’t need spaces or line returns to read it. Try using a JSON editor/viewer like https://jsoneditoronline.org You can can make changes with it or just use it to confirm the formatting is still readable after you make changes.

2 Likes

hello. I have recently tried to use this tool though I have been having problems, so can anybody help me?

2 Likes

What problems have you been having?

4 Likes

Well the json for the midi is formatted differently though I fixed that but then I saved it and it didn’t even have the custom sound files

1 Like
  1. Make sure you uploaded a MIDI file

If you just converted a file to MIDI, there might be background noise (extra notes) for no reason, so that may be the cause. Also, Hopscotch notes sound much different and will sound different than the music

1 Like

Could I use an app instead of my laptop and iTunes? I am unable to access my laptop right now. I don’t know any apps that can do this though.

Edit: Okay nevermind! I figured how to do it, but selecting so much text made the app crash. I guess I’ll do it on my laptop then.

I made it add an ability (custom block) named music to an existing project.

https://iamagoldfish.github.io/Hopscotch-MIDI-Hack/

Also, I believe that if you want to add it in the old way, you just paste over the blocks array, including the brackets.

4 Likes

So @Petrichor I used that and I ended up with a bunch of code

What do I do now?

Please can someone help, @Awesome_E do you know?

3 Likes

I’m also adding this to my shortcut later

4 Likes

Not sure how it works on a mobile device. Does it open a new page with the code? Just hit the box with the arrow coming out of it, save to files, and then go to on my ipad, hopscotch, json_projects. Then tap replace when it asks you to.

2 Likes

Yee it does, the only thing is that it won’t let me open it in files, but I can have a go on my computer?

1 Like

What do you mean? Screenshot of the menu that shows up for the button with an arrow coming out of a box?

2 Likes

It’s on my iPad, I am on my phone rn, can I take a screenshot tomorrow?

1 Like

Okay. I’ll check it out tonight.

2 Likes

Hmm, this doesn’t work so well right now, Update? Even though @MR.GAM3R is long gone?

2 Likes

Been looking into this. It’s open source so virtually anyone can contribute if they want.

2 Likes